Nashville in July

norbatious

We are 25yrs married in july and herself has her heart set on the wee honky tonk bars of nashville and loads of country music.

Have any off you people any info on nashville.

Thanks in advance.

Is this a 'music' pilgrimage ? I did it in July a few years ago....how long do you have there ? It will be very hot and sticky....but try get there for the 4th July. I have a load of info somewhere....PM me for details.

Went in sept '05 and even then it was hot.
The bars were great fun and the musicians very good,we went to the grand ole opry and had a really good time due to the diversity of the artists.
We also visited the Ryman theatre which originally housed the opry and the music museum was fantastic,you can also visit the studio where Dylan recorded Nashville Skyline.
The Tennessee Titans football team also play out of Nashville if you'r interested.
Prior to our visit we emailed Nashville Tourism who sent us detailed brochures.

Spent about 10 days there in August, for a friends wedding, a few years ago. It was very hot, but not unbearable.

Quite a bit group of us went and we all loved the place - even bearing in mind that some of the group couldn't be classed as "country music" fans. Because, every where you turn it's country/gospel/bluegrass music. The pubs and clubs were great - really friendly and music music music.

We visit the museums (which are fantastic), the Grand Old Opry. Hired a car one day and drove to Memphis & Gracelands (well worth a visit). Would have liked to stay over for a night or 2 in Memphis.

The wedding was in the Grand Station Hotel in Nashville, which is absolutely amazing. Go for it and make sure to record your own cd while you're there!!

Back