Naples airport to Sorrento after 10 p.m.

dolly

I am travelling to Naples on cheap aer lingus flight 27th Seotember arriving 20.55 if flight on time. Last Curreri bus departs around 19.00 hours. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle bus from the airport to Sorrento in the evenings? Taxis seem very expensive - 100 euro or so.

Hello Dolly !!! We just were in Sorrento foir a Holiday. If you haven't been there you are in for a real treat. Taxis from Naples not sure. If you are staying at a Hotel have youi e-mailed them to enquire or they may have a tie up with a taxi co or a locak private hire service. Our collection lift was organised before we left. Otherwise try Googling what you are looking for.

Emailed hotel and they can send a taxi, costs 120 euros though!!! Trains ok up to 11 p.m. but this involves taxi to train station from airport. The curreri bus direct from airport to Sorrento does not run after 7 p.m. I would have thought that in a tourist area like Naples/Sorrento that Sorrento would be well served from Naples airport and I am surprised to find that this does not seem to be so. Should probably have checked this before booking flight!! Yes, Mercman, this is our first visit to Sorrento.

Hi Dolly, I did this last year while on honeymoon. I can't recommend enough to have a car organized to collect you, Naples station is a kip and the 'dart' like train that goes around the bay to Sorrento is even worse. We did it around that time of the night and it was terrible, very intimidating, dirty, windows broken, people passed out, anyone I have spoken to about that train have said they would never do it again. But then it’s only a couple of euro :(

By the way, Sorrento is fab, just Naples and that train we didnt like!

If you are staying for just a few days, it might be as cheap to rent a car. It is a very winding road.

Back