My Hotmail Account

Airtight

My hotmail account wont let me open my email or delete them. When I click or double click on the mail or most other things on the page it doesn't do any thing.

Firefox wont let me open emails in hotmail at all, clicking on them just does nothing. Safari used to be fine but yesterday the "Reply", "Forward" etc buttons disappeared! Opera seems to be OK with it, refusing to use IE. Its all because of this new hotmail live version that microsoft deployed, and its rubbish.

Firefox wont let me open emails in hotmail at all, clicking on them just does nothing. Safari used to be fine but yesterday the "Reply", "Forward" etc buttons disappeared! Opera seems to be OK with it, refusing to use IE. Its all because of this new hotmail live version that microsoft deployed, and its rubbish.

I recommend [broken link removed] rather than Microsoft's Hotmail. It works with many browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome), and even degrades gracefully to a less fancy version if it detects that your browser is a bit antiquated or odd.

This might help? Read right to the end.

I just Googled "can't open hotmail messages in Firefox".

Good luck. I know it's a pain changing your email address if you've used it for years.

I use Firefox and have no problems with Hotmail at all.

Cheers.

I recommend [broken link removed] rather than Microsoft's Hotmail. It works with many browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome), and even degrades gracefully to a less fancy version if it detects that your browser is a bit antiquated or odd.

Yeah I have a gmail but ive had the hotmail for years etc....its like changing your mobile number....

Yeah I have a gmail but ive had the hotmail for years etc....its like changing your mobile number....

If it's that difficult to leave Hotmail it's just another reason to ditch Microsoft.

Try this:

[broken link removed]

I have Firefox and it lets me read Hotmail ?

I dunno, maybe its a different version of FF, different OS etc. I'm running Vista & Firefox/2.0.0.20.

I haven't upgraded to FF3 as I have read some teething issues with it.....

I just got it sorted; thanks for your help; I needed to use explorer; chrome for me is better, but since I have a hotmail account for the last 10 years I will keep it.

Yeah I knew IE works with hotmail but I dont like IE at all...

Yeah I'd recommend a Gmail account. I think Gmail has a free feature inside its settings to collect email from other accounts in whch case paying for hotmail forwarder might not be necessary.
Gmail can only do this where the other webmail service is accessable through the IMAP or POP3 email protocols. Hotmail isn't (because Microsoft probably realises that lots of Hotmail vicims would flee).

Workaround here:
http://www.wikihow.com/Switch-from-Hotmail-to-Gmail

Plus you can use Gmail to send emails under the alias of your hotmail account (or any other account)

True, but when you do this it still retains your gmail email address in the email's headers, which some broken email programs (Outlook springs to mind) may erroneously reply to.
e.g. you have a gmail account [email protected] and a hotmail account of [email protected]. You can tell Gmail to send emails as "[email protected]". It will then cause the "Reply-To:" and "From:" headers of emails that you send through Gmail to contain "[email protected]", however it will retain "[email protected]" in other headers.

See here for full rant:
http://vafer.org/blog/20060502022752

Back