Muse the greatest band in the world??? Yes

S

S.L.F

Just saw them tonight in the O2.

Great show can't wait to see them again.

If I had the cash I'd go to London to see them again...

Music is very subjective.

One man's best band in the world is another man's annoying shower.

Although I do like Muse, I seen ACDC at the O2 and I'd say that was probably the greatest band in the world in action.

btw, I tried to get tickets for Muse, and was disappointed not to.

Muse the greatest band in the world??? Yes

Correct. :)

Would have loved to have seen them.

Although I'm a big music head I don't really like gigs that much - there are only about 5 acts I would still see and Muse are one of them.

If they're that great how come I didn't hear of them

*Shakes head*

*Disappointed sigh*

Yet another reason why Cork is so behind the times.

It seems the musical education of the Corkonians needs upgrading...

Well in fairness they are not exactly household names. Not too much in the way of big 'hits' really. Probably accurate to say they are the world's biggest 'cult band'. Kind of.

I know anyone can check them out if they want but here is a short cut

:)

nah .........I'm not aMUSEd ....... had to do that SLF now before someone else did ;)

nah .........I'm not aMUSEd ....... had to do that SLF now before someone else did ;)

Class, Ninsaga!!! :D He'd have been in like a flash!!!

Burning Embers!!!! And what about The Nun Attax? Donnelly and Smelly. Oh, happy days! :)

Anyway Lex, was Rory Gallagher not from Donegal?!

Cav., stop trying to spoil it all! Yes, it's true that Wee Rory began life in Donegal but, like most people, he realised that, in order to succeed in life, being from Cork opens many doors. ;)

On a serious note, I was in St. Oliver's Cemetry a few months ago at a relative's burial and I visited Rory Gallagher's grave. We still miss him a lot. He'll probably never get the credit for being the wonderful musician he was. That's especially true when you see the exposure some partially talented clowns get on tv shows these days. :rolleyes:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/IRLS132_Cork_-_Tomba_Rory_Gallagher.JPG

The headstone on his grave is a replica of an award he received in 1972 for International Guitarist of The Year.

Are you suggesting Bertie could do something right?

Bertie's father was from Minane Bridge, a few miles south of Cork city, and his mother was from Castledonovan, just north of Drimoleague so, if the truth were known, sure he's one of our own!!! :)

Unless, of course, you'd draw up tribunals or a few bob placed on a horse................ ;) That'd make him a Dub. :)

Tuesday 21st August 1979 Olympic ballroom Dublin AC/DC with Bon Scott
Saturday 7th June 1980 simmonscourt RDS Thin lizzy with Phil Lynott
Friday 29th December 1979 national ballroom Rory Gallagher
Saturday 4th June national stadium Eric Clapton
Thursday 22nd November simmonscourt RDS Queen with Freddie Mercury
Thay are just a handful of my fave gigs.My fave bands today are Porcupine Tree,Anathema,Pain of Salvation,Ayreonand Dream Theater.

Apologies my last post should have said,
Saturday 4th June 1977 national stadium Eric Clapton
Thursday 22th November 1979 Simmonscourt RDS Queen with Freeddy Mercury
Here's some more truly memorable gigs because i don't drink
Monday 21st December 1981 Warrenstown college Motorhead 5 quid
Sunday 23rd November 1980 Grand theatre Cabra Ian Dury and the blockheads 5 quid
Friday 23rd April 1982 SFX hall Blackfoot 5 quid
Wed 5th September 1984 DIO plus Queensryche 8 quid

Bertie's father was from Minane Bridge, a few miles south of Cork city, and his mother was from Castledonovan, just north of Drimoleague so, if the truth were known, sure he's one of our own!!! :)

Unless, of course, you'd draw up tribunals or a few bob placed on a horse................ ;) That'd make him a Dub. :)

Ah that explains why he is so slithery

Back