Multi media hard drive

npgallag

Guys, anyone any experience with the below MM player..? Does anyone know what pic quaility it outputs.? Have full HD tv and lookin for good quaility MM player to match.

Hi,
That drive will only play sd material -avi's etc not HD at all. Having a full hd tv won't make any difference.

If you had the cash - go for [broken link removed]& [broken link removed]or same Ibook for €220 odd.
This unit will play all your standard sd material plus hd also in the format of mkv's and m2ts files. And a 1tb of moveable storage also.

well worth it and way better than those media drives - the remotes are very weak. At least the WD models have a name against them.

hope that helps.
k

Thanks K,

Seems like that hard drive can be used with dvd player, blue ray possible, as well...that would give me both options...?

Thanks K,

Seems like that hard drive can be used with dvd player, blue ray possible, as well...that would give me both options...?

With a dvd player - not sure what you mean - if you had a dvd player with a usb slot that supports ext hard drives -possibly. There is no dvd/b-ray disc facility on these untis. All your media will have to be on that hard drive and the wd tv player will stream that media to your lcd.

K

.. avi's etc not HD at all. Having a full hd tv won't make any difference.

This unit will play all your standard sd material plus hd also in the format of mkv's and m2ts files.

That's an important point.

If your content is not in the right format, it doesn't matter what kit your buy - you won't get full HD. The best you can hope for would be HDMI upscaling to 720p.

LIDL have such DVD players in stock at the moment, but not HD/BluRay.

I have a different system - a popcorn hour. But with the wd hd - you are future proofing yourself for a good time. The sd media player are ok but the internal hd's are not great.
For the extra e60 -get the wd unit and 1tb hd.

I had 24gb blu-ray files in m2ts format and encoded them down to 6gb mkv files - took 6 hrs on a quad-core but worth it :D

Get the wd unit - best bet.

Where are you in this land of ours ?

K

Thanks K,

One of the reviewers on the HD was using it with dvd via usb.

"Great bargain when used with philips 5990 dvd player with usb."

Which i thought would be handy ...But think you are right and will get thewd unit and 1tb hd and use my current crappy dvd when needed.

Cheers.p.s im in Lovely Longford..:)

one note if you do get it.

first format the hd to ntfs - default is fat32

sec -upgrade the firmware on it.

se [broken link removed]

k

Back