Mr. Bates vs. The Post Office

https://www.mhc.ie/latest/insights/...racts-where-are-we-now-and-where-are-we-going interesting that this firm picked up on Bates V Post Office a few years ago.

Also it's noteworthy that the media in the UK are really concentrating on Fujitsu as the bad guys....however really it is at the hands of ICL who Fujitsu bought and retained majority of UK staff....

I wonder how many homes and lives lost on tracker scandal..

Also it's noteworthy that the media in the UK are really concentrating on Fujitsu as the bad guys....however really it is at the hands of ICL who Fujitsu bought and retained majority of UK staff....
Who or what is ICL, please?

Just caught the first two episodes of this today. It really dramatises what sub-postmasters went through and how the Post Office behaved.

It would be great to see a similar drama about the Tracker Mortgage scandal.

Brendan
Watched it last week, 2 episodes a night. The great thing about the programme is it showed the impact the scandal had on their lives and that of their families.

Another example of big business trampling over the little man, who doesn't have the resources to fight back. It's only when they get together that their voices are heard, but decades of their lives are consumed with the fight.

ICL was International Computers Limited, Britain's largest computer company which was bought over by Fujitsu - I would say in the 1980s or maybe 1990s.

They were primarily a supplier of huge mainframe systems. Customers in Ireland included, Bank of Ireland, Harland and Wolff, The Local Government Computer Services Board.

ICL was International Computers Limited, Britain's largest computer company which was bought over by Fujitsu - I would say in the 1980s or maybe 1990s.

They were primarily a supplier of huge mainframe systems. Customers in Ireland included, Bank of Ireland, Harland and Wolff, The Local Government Computer Services Board.

They employed quite a few in Leopardstown mostly programmers I believe. They also worked on systems for policing like the pulse system but I don't think they worked on the Irish one. They had a small presence in Cork also.

These cases were reported by Computer Weekly and then Private Eye for years.

And then years later the TV programme and the UK wakes up.

Should do similar on Brexit crock.

Would love to see the test records on the system.

As for Trackers - too complicated for a TV programme.

What about Children's Hospital? Nice and recent and if they sexed it up in terms of how many other hospitals could have been built etc it might take off.

Or a programme about the lunatics driving the immigration agends.

Private Eye has been covering this for years. Fujitsu are up before the enquiry this week.

a good simple summary here

It must surely also raise questions about Royal Mail auditors and their overall accounts

What's also interesting is that it's taken a drama for the general population (and senior politicians) to take notice.

It isn't as if this hasn't been reported upon. As a case in point here's a Panorama programme all about it from 2020.

What's also interesting is that it's taken a drama for the general population (and senior politicians) to take notice.

It isn't as if this hasn't been reported upon. As a case in point here's a Panorama programme all about it from 2020.
just FYI - I had heard that one of the Postmasters affected was paid compensation of , wait for it.....£15.75 from the Post Office.

Of course in other news HMRC now claim that the Post Office could owe them £100 million due to this fiasco! o_O

Best,

Opus 2018

Private Eye has been covering this for years. Fujitsu are up before the enquiry this week.

a good simple summary here

It must surely also raise questions about Royal Mail auditors and their overall accounts
Royal Mail (postal services) are separate to Post Office (counter services) in the UK, and are not involved in this scandal.

I have been following this for several years. Nick Wallis an ex BBC reporter has written a book on it “The great post office scandal” which is excellent, but probably needs to be updated now. He also has two podcasts, The Great Post Office Trial and Investigating the Post Office Scandal.

I would love to see the series, but did not get a chance over Christmas. Any ideas how I can watch it, I cannot download ITVX on my Samsung TV, I cannot access it via the app on my phone as I am not in the UK, I was going to chromecast it. I am stumped now on what to try next.

With a VPN you should be able to see it via ITVX on a phone or via the player on the ITV website if using a laptop

Are VPN’s legal? I have seen them advertised but was unsure.
Nothing illegal about a VPN. They are used for many legitimate reasons. Lots of companies use them for work.

The fact that can make it look like you're somewhere else is obviously useful for geoblocked material. Perhaps a little sneaky but not illegal

There are other illegal ways of viewing material on the internet. But that's nothing to do with VPNs.

Nothing illegal about a VPN. They are used for many legitimate reasons. Lots of companies use them for work.

The fact that can make it look like you're somewhere else is obviously useful for geoblocked material. Perhaps a little sneaky but not illegal

There are other illegal ways of viewing material on the internet. But that's nothing to do with VPNs.

Remember years ago warned to stay away from VPNs as they were riddled with dangerous dodgy links?

Back