Mpv

clarecelt

Hi all,
Thinking of buy a MPV and wondering if anyone has good or bad experiences. Our reason is that we require a 7 seater.
Thanks

Nope not that picky...

Hoping to get a diesel, 7 seats at least, spacious and comfortable..

Not any an easy spec for work from :) but interested in peoples experiences of MPVs as opposed to 7 seater 4x4

I'd certainly recommend the former over the latter. Have you had a look at some of previous threads?

Doing the same myself but have not yet got out to look at them...from what I gather the Mazda, Toyota verso, renault grand scenic and Ford S max might be the options you'd look into

My own preference would be the Galaxy/Alhambra/Sharan, for reasons mentioned here. Unless you want/need 'off-road' handling and aren't worried about about tax/insurance/fuel costs?

hi.. my brother bought a Toyota Previa a few months back.. i drove it on the motorway on the way back in England to the ferry.. and i was like a dream.. a bit pricey. you can get japanese imports but i would recommend the 2000 onwards luna model,comes in 7 or 8 seats ,8 seats is a bench seat at the back row.the comfort is excellent and he went with the 2 lite diesel.There is also a 2.2 petrol model. i saw a few on carzone last week but it really depends what kind of money u are thinking about spending.

ps the later models have sliding back doors on both sides.i don't think the jap import previa's ahve them

Thanks therave,
Hoping to buy in the UK...have seen some good reviews of the Previa. I will be using the 7 seats and hoping that there will be sufficient space to have luggage. Think I will have to go and do some test drives soon.

Plan is to go for the diesel version and keep it for as long as possible
Take care

Another related issue.

Are 1.9 diesels taxed at same rate as 2.0 litre diesels.

There is a threshold on the motor tax and would prefer to stay below it. Anyone know the difference

hi clarecelt
the brother got his at a car supermarket with a good selection of these machines they have a web site and aren't bad,the price on the site is the price ,no haggling,no warranty and the cars will need a service but over all good enough to deal with ,one hidden cost of 40 quid for some pick up charge.in west/north londo about 25 minutes by car from Heathrow..
www.cargiant.co.uk

clarecelt said:
Another related issue.
Nop

clarecelt said:
There is a threshold on the motor tax and would prefer to stay below it. Anyone know the difference

2006 Road Tax
1801 to 1900cc €511
1901 to 2000cc €539

That's a difference of €29 per year, no big deal i hope ;)

clarecelt said:
Another related issue.

What is more significant is the jump in VRT rates from 25% to 30% for engines over 1900cc

Back