MP3 rewind/forward

pjq

Trying to learn Spanish , listening to podcasts and some language courses on my Philips MP3, I would like to be able to rewind the "tape" at times to try to catch the hard parts again but my MP3 only rewinds to the very beginning of the podcast.
I might upgrade my player , any recommendations ?
pjq

I like my creative Zen for this. The rewind starts slow and then speeds up which is handy and it's not to fiddly. You can also set bookmarks which is very handy.

Trying to learn Spanish , listening to podcasts and some language courses on my Philips MP3, I would like to be able to rewind the "tape" at times to try to catch the hard parts again but my MP3 only rewinds to the very beginning of the podcast.
I might upgrade my player , any recommendations ?
pjq

Hi pjq, what's the model number? Usually MP3 players can scan as well as skip tracks rather than just skip. The most common means is to hold down the skip >> or << button rather than a single press. If you have the model number though I'd know for sure.

This is familiar to me for some podcasts. In my experience, it's the 'fault' of the person producing the podcast, and not the player.

For example, I subscribe to the Guardian Football Weekly podcast and, more often than not, I have listen to it all the way through, i.e. can't pause or REW or FF. I use a CREATIVE VISION M, and podcasts from other sources play OK.

Hi pjq, what's the model number? Usually MP3 players can scan as well as skip tracks rather than just skip. The most common means is to hold down the skip >> or << button rather than a single press. If you have the model number though I'd know for sure.

Hi Latrade,

Its a philips GoGear 8gb , Ill try the hold down button , but I think that this only worked with the sample AudioBook file that came with the MP3.

Pjq

Hi Latrade,

Its a philips GoGear 8gb , Ill try the hold down button , but I think that this only worked with the sample AudioBook file that came with the MP3.

Pjq

As far as I know, holding the left or right arrow should work on these models.

I'd avoid Zen Creative. I've had huge problems with mine, bad customer service, a new device replaced with a defective used one and more terrible customer service. In the end it was so many phone calls with no resolution that I gave up. I'm only sorry I didn't take them to the small claims court. As it was ended up €400 out of pocket.

Back