Moving to Different CoCo. currently on the RAS scheme with Dublin CoCo move to Fingal

sammi

Does anybody know how to move from one local authority to another? I am currently on the RAS scheme with Dublin County Council but would love to move to Fingal County Council. Is it possible to get a transfer from one council to another??

Failing that are there any decent SAFE areas to live within DCC?? Everything I hear about DCC areas is negative - its stressing me out.

I live in Lower Ballyfermot which is within DCC and is not only decent and safe (in capitals!) it's an absolute gem. Not from the area originally but living here three years now and love it, don't see myself ever leaving.

Does anybody know how to move from one local authority to another? I am currently on the RAS scheme with Dublin County Council but would love to move to Fingal County Council. Is it possible to get a transfer from one council to another??

Failing that are there any decent SAFE areas to live within DCC?? Everything I hear about DCC areas is negative - its stressing me out.

Plenty! Where are you living anyway? Do you want north or southside?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply dubgem, Ballyfermot is one of the areas Im on the list for. Ive heard nothing but bad things about the place so its nice to hear something positive.

Bicip I dont want to say where I am but its a rough area and I dont want to be here for long. Any suggestions on nice DCC areas appreciated. I know theres good and bad everywhere its just some places are worse than others and some places are only safe to live in if your already from the area. I suppose not having much control over where Im gonna end up living is whats stressing me out.

Thanks for the reply dubgem, Ballyfermot is one of the areas Im on the list for. Ive heard nothing but bad things about the place so its nice to hear something positive.

I had heard bad things about the area too, and I also read some bad things on internet sites like this one. In fairness, it's a big area, too big really for one description - I don't think you would describe Cherry Orchard (at one end) and Lower Ballyfermot (the other end) the same way at all.

I talked to people who lived here, and I drove and walked around and got a sense of the place for myself before I made the decision to move here. I was happy with what I found out, and as I say I'm even happier since I've been here. I'm also happy to counter some of the negative comments about the area, not just because they don't match my experience but also I found them misleading myself when I was looking, and I feel they'd be misleading to others too.

Feel free to PM me if you want more information.

Back