Moving to Athlumney area of Navan any advice/info?

Re: Moving to Navan any advice/info?

I have noted that but I doubt you will make it in 40 minutes unless you leave Navan very early. That only makes sence if you can work flexi time. That way you would be coming home earlier to so you would avoid the evening traffic.

I have noted that but I doubt you will make it in 40 minutes unless you leave Navan very early. That only makes sence if you can work flexi time. That way you would be coming home earlier to so you would avoid the evening traffic.

We have gone down to navan in the evening 5.00 - 5.30 on many occasions & there has not been much of a traffic delay, we have got to navan in 40 mins, the evenings does not be a problem it will be in the mornings..

Hi Fee,
Good luck with the move! Navan is a lovely place... You say you will be going to Castleknock.... Your the best way to go then would be to go over the dublin side of navan and take the n3... I am not sure of what the Slane Road way is...You could also go through Kentstown, and out onto the N2, heading towards Ashbourne, onto the new road and take the Blanch exit.... Just another route for you.. The traffic getting from your side of navan over to the n3 can be a bit of nightmare....

Just rememers your kids will have a Naaaavvvan accent!

Hi Fee,
Good luck with the move! Navan is a lovely place... You say you will be going to Castleknock.... Your the best way to go then would be to go over the dublin side of navan and take the n3... I am not sure of what the Slane Road way is...You could also go through Kentstown, and out onto the N2, heading towards Ashbourne, onto the new road and take the Blanch exit.... Just another route for you.. The traffic getting from your side of navan over to the n3 can be a bit of nightmare....

No we wont be going to Castleknock Angela,
thats where we are living at the moment,
but we both work in Finglas, so yes we will be going
to way that you just told me through ashbourne & then to Finglas...

I am really looking forward to moving to Navan.. i like to town
& yesss purple My son will have a NAVANNNNN accent ha ha ha

Navan to Finglas is a grand trip Fee, that new road is very good... Good luck and you will love it, its a lovely place.

Best way to get to Finglas from Navan is back roads from Kentstown road, through Skyrne, through Ratoath and onto the Cappagh Road - very little traffic! - at the moment there are a lot of road works going on in Navan and the lower half of the Kentstown Road parallel with Flower hill is closed - traffic is diverted and there are long delays in the evening. And wots wrong with Blanchardstown? :rolleyes:

Best way to get to Finglas from Navan is back roads from Kentstown road, through Skyrne, through Ratoath and onto the Cappagh Road - very little traffic! - at the moment there are a lot of road works going on in Navan and the lower half of the Kentstown Road parallel with Flower hill is closed - traffic is diverted and there are long delays in the evening. And wots wrong with Blanchardstown? :rolleyes:

thats great thanks for the advice , will pass that onto my
other half...

Just wondering how the move has went and the travelling.

Hey there, we havent moved yet bit of a delay but we are hoping to sign on monday.. so will let you know how the travelling up to finglas goes..

My friend has offered 317.5k on a 3 bed semi bungalow in The Spire View Green estate in Johnstown Navan. From seeing it the place seems nice etc and lovely house, is she paying too much as it's gone over the amv at this stage and has anyone any feedback on the area. She has 2 schoolgoing kids aswell so as far as she knows it's St. Stephens or Lismullen school for them, would that be right??. She's up the walls at the moment and is at home with no internet so I said I would fish on AAM. Thanks.

we looked at a house in spire view, i think it is the same house,
but the sale fell through, the bunglows look lovely from outside,
& i remember looking at photos of the inside on the net & it looked really nice. area seems nice too..

It's not 3 Spire View Green by any chance??. Lovely house I must admit, wish I could take it to Bray with me!!.

My friend has offered 317.5k on a 3 bed semi bungalow in The Spire View Green estate in Johnstown Navan. From seeing it the place seems nice etc and lovely house, is she paying too much as it's gone over the amv at this stage and has anyone any feedback on the area. She has 2 schoolgoing kids aswell so as far as she knows it's St. Stephens or Lismullen school for them, would that be right??. She's up the walls at the moment and is at home with no internet so I said I would fish on AAM. Thanks.

Houses in Johnstown almost always get €10 - €15k over the asking price, so if she's in that bracket I'd say she's done well.

Anyone any info on schools for a junoir infants boy, she will either be living in Spire View or Beechlawns or Limeklin Wood?. She has to keep her options open as the house in Spire View she has been outbid by another bidder with a house to sell but she still might be okay due to her mortgage ready to go etc, waiting confirmation from estate agent but it's looking good.

We moved to Beaufort at the end of October,
& we love it we get up to Finglas in 35 mins in the morning
& get home to navan in about 40-45 in the evenings its great we love it

Back