Moving Office - What Officialdom

BlueSpud

We are moving office soon and I am wondering, apart from utilities, suppliers, customers etc, who else do we have to notify. I believe we have to inform the CRO, is that how the revenue find out we have moved or is there a form for them too. Anyone know the CRO form for this. I had a quick look but nothing jumped out at me.

Yup, I found that too, but it is our business address that is changing, the form B2 relates to Change of Registered Office.

Sorry, should have been more specific. The form for change of Business Address is RBN2B for a limited company. It was in the full list.

The RBN2B is to change the address of a Registered Business Name registered by a company. If the address where the Registered Business Name is used is changing, then Thats the correct one to use.

The B2 is to change the Registered Office of the company. If the R/O is not changing then thats fine, no notice to CRO.

Don't forget Revenue. May need to change correspondence address there.

This is one area where the Revenue is surprisingly inefficient. They don't seem to have a centralised address system, so you might notify them of your new address and they will update the Corporation Tax section, but not the VAT or Paye.

Brendan

Thanks guys. I will drop a note to every gov dept that I have dealings with, just to be sure.

It is the same address for all tax collection divisions that I am registered for, i.e.
Office of the Revenue Commissioners
Collector Generals Division
Sarsfield House
Francis Street
Limerick

This is the address for PAYE, VAT and CT.

Maybe they are a bit more centralised than previously thought.

However, time will tell.

Is there any tax allowance or break available for business moving location? It can be at times a big ordeal. Other then the usual moving expenses associated with the move.

I assume this is something the business must take on the chin?

Back