moving house, my first time....whats my priority ?

erick

first time to move house, what should I prioritize....I wonder if the house have already electricity, should I ring ESB to connect it, should I organize someone to fit the alarm first or should I focus on buying things for the house...I know this sounds silly, but good to know some suggestions....:->

Is it a new house ?, this may affect the things you have to do.
I am sure the building societies have in their info books a list of what to do, so incorporate that with yours adn try and proiratise for yourself. But the ESB would be the most inortant, Is there running water?, kitchen installed?, etc etc.
Make out a long list and kep it with you so you can add to it as you think of stuff.
I find that this reduces the worry of trying to remember stuf and you get the satisfaction of ticking stuff off the list as it is done.
maybe myhome.ie have lists of stuff to do.

Its a new property.....my friends suggest to buy basic appliances, others said to install home alarm first before buying appliances, others suggest put the carpet and tiles before the appliances and start buying furnitures because it takes time to wait for the delivery.....grrrrrrrrrrr!!!! others also suggest that while doing the transfer, I have to inform all the banks, ESB, NTL, EIRCOM, Insurance companies etc. etc.of my new address... Im confused !

I'm in exactly the same boat. Supposed to be moving into my new house in three weeks time. So far I have bought nothing. Haven't had time and just wasn't arsed. I have the money saved but I suppose I don't know what I should be looking for, colours, brands etc.

Need to get myself a woman to pick out everything.

Wht not just make a list of everything you need to do, then just go through this line by line and decide what priority you place on the item and what order they all need to be carried out in? Things like sorting out ESB before getting appliances in should be pretty straight forward.

Back