Moving from Passat to MPV which one to ease the pain

I don't get why they think if you've 6 or 7 people you won't need the luggage space to match. Which is why you see a lot of 4x4's and MPV's with roof boxes.
Could not agree more.

And for the record I am not saying that the Passat is a wonder car, but I like driving it, and think it handles very well.

I have never driven a Ford before.

I have never driven a Ford before.

Having owned a Passat and a Mondeo, I preferred the Mondeo.
I have never owned a Golf of a Focus but have driven both and the Focus was a better drive.
I do not own a Ford and have no connection with them, I just think they are very good cars.

VW's in general have safe predictable handling. Good grip and fairly solid. Lots of people like that. I do myself. But they don't really flow like a really good handling car, there isn't the same feel. With the exception of the current GTI, which I haven't driven. Fords are meant to be better. The only recent ford I've driven is a focus and I didn't feel there was a night and day difference in terms of handling myself. Nice enough to drive.

I'd say if you find a VW MPV with the same performance/engine as your Passat, you'd be happy enough. The Touran is more car like, and the Sharan more Van like.

Have been following this thread but haven't commented in it yet.
I currently drive a Passat (estate) but next car (vehicle really!) will be a 7 seater.

Let us know what you get Bamhan

VW's in general have safe predictable handling. Good grip and fairly solid. Lots of people like that. I do myself. But they don't really flow like a really good handling car, there isn't the same feel. With the exception of the current GTI, which I haven't driven. Fords are meant to be better. The only recent ford I've driven is a focus and I didn't feel there was a night and day difference in terms of handling myself. Nice enough to drive.

I'd say if you find a VW MPV with the same performance/engine as your Passat, you'd be happy enough. The Touran is more car like, and the Sharan more Van like.
I agree with all of that.

I had a Kia Carens for 8 weeks.... coming from a Passat 1.8T

It had a diesel engine and the pickup and drive were quite impressive. I think well worth a test drive. No affiliation.

My husband has just bought an 07 Ford Galaxy. Will report back on what I think of it when we have had it for a while.

Back