Moving from Ireland to US. Transfering money

Harley

Hiya,

Was just wondering would anyone know the best (cheapest) way to transfer money monthly from the US to our BOI bank account?
Il be transfering about $1500 every month to honour our irish debts, this will probably be for the next 3 years or so.
We were thinking of linking a paypal account from our US bank to our Irish account, do you think that might be ok and cost effective?

Aren't the Paypal fees off the wall ?? Depending on what part of the US you are going to, the BoI should have a representative Bank that are their agents over there. They should be in a position to assist you as you are doing the honourable thing by discharging your liabilities.

your US bank can do a wire for about $30 to $40 a pop, the exchange rates are usually just a few cents above the www.xe.com rates. usually takes 3 - 5 days to show up in your Irish account.

Thanks for the replies, Il get on to google to find a representative bank with boi.
Sustanon, that sounds quite expensive for a monthly charge, unless I transfer $3000 every 2 months.

We will be living in Minneapolis, Minnesota, My US husband will be going on ahead next Saturday to start new job and set up the US bank account etc while I wait here for my visa to be issued.

Last edited:
Back