Mountjoy Square, Dublin

S

sseomra

Does anyone have any thoughts about living in Mountjoy Square? Joyriders? Burnt Out Cars? Positive aspects?

Re: Living in Mountjoy Square, Dublin, Any thoughts?

sseomra said:
Does anyone have any thoughts about living in Mountjoy Square? Joyriders? Burnt Out Cars? Positive aspects?

Are u looking at the apartments for sale there. The converted georgian ones. I looked into them but passed as whilst they are really good for rental i would be unsure about living there.

hi i work just off Mountjoy Square and have done for the pass 5 years. Generally i find the area quite good. It does have it problems but as its city centre this is to be expected. Once you have a bit of common sense and are use to city centre you should be fine.

Would have no hesitation about buying an apartment there, its very quite during the day, and even at night i don't think its overly dangerous.

I would say one thing i would try to buy on the Mountjoy Square side that is adjacent to fitzgibbon garda station and the bus depot as i find this side of the square more secure and safe (also less traffic)

hope that helps

Hi sseomra, like johnny i work quite close to Mountjoy Sq, I pass through it at least once a day and the only dodgy stuff I've seen is a few tramps drinking cider. Even when I work late I've never seen any messing going on and it is actually very quiet. I actually prefer the Belvedere Pl end of the square than the Bus depot end, I think it look's prettier!

johnnybegood said:
hi i work just off Mountjoy Square and have done for the pass 5 years. Generally i find the area quite good. It does have it problems but as its city centre this is to be expected. Once you have a bit of common sense and are use to city centre you should be fine.

Would have no hesitation about buying an apartment there, its very quite during the day, and even at night i don't think its overly dangerous.

I would say one thing i would try to buy on the Mountjoy Square side that is adjacent to fitzgibbon garda station and the bus depot as i find this side of the square more secure and safe (also less traffic)

hope that helps

phoenix_n said:
Are u looking at the apartments for sale there. The converted georgian ones. I looked into them but passed as whilst they are really good for rental i would be unsure about living there.

Many thanks for the response.

Many thanks for the response.

I walk that way to work every day and have never seen/heard of any problems. Lot of kids around but they're always with parents in the playground. A few winos but they're always too drunk to cause trouble

Have had friends live on the square (near the corner by the Hill 16 pub) in the past. One of the girls did have her mobile phone stolen from her hand within steps of the front door, but she did live there three years and was their only slight bit of trouble (could just as easily have happened her on O'Connell St. as at the square).

They were more than happy there and any time I ended up staying there (very handy spot for a night out on the town) I never spotted anything worse than the odd drunken tramp or some smashed car window glass on the street (yes, this would suggest some cars being broken into but again, show me somewhere in Dublin or any large city where that isn't a possibility).

Should always be rentable given its proximity to the CC (walkable for DIT campus' and for Trinity to pick up possible students and public transport to the entire city very close by to accomodate nearly all).

I've lived on Hill Street, just around the corner (off Parnell St) for the last 2 years, in an apartment on my own.

I was wary about the area when I first bought there, but I wanted to live in the city centre, and the apartment I bought was good value for the time.

I absoloutely love living where I do now. It's so convenient to everything that if I ever decide to upgrade, I'll be looking in the same area. I find I never have to go further than Henry St. to buy anything, and I walk everywhere now. My car only gets used once every couple of months.

The area can seem a bit daunting or intimidating. I find that if you just ignore the winos and litterbugs then you start to forget they're there.

I've only once seen any trouble, and that was just two scumbags on St. Patrick's day last year.

Property prices are definitely on the up in the area, especially with all the development, re-development, O'Connell St. refurbishment etc.. and Dublin Co. Council have huge plans for the Parnell Square area.. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the area*.

(*unless you're one of those people who are scared of the northside - I've a few friends who get the fear of God in them when they come over to my place)

Kevin.

Back