Mount Oval Village, Cork

C

ckmov

Hi there,

I'm looking to move to Cork.

I was there for a while and took a look at Mount Oval.

Saw a lot of graffiti and broken drink bottles all over the estate.

Talked to some of my friends who live in Douglas and they say that's it's not just Mount Oval but the area in general.

Anyone got info on the area. Would be much appreciated.

Talked to some of my friends who live in Douglas and they say that's it's not just Mount Oval but the area in general.

I don't live there but am from Cork. Am very surprised to hear about littering - I always thought the place was very well maintained any time I've been there.
I agree that the traffic there is bad at rush hour. But Douglas is a fantastic area with lots of amenities.

Hi there,

I'm looking to move to Cork.

I was there for a while and took a look at Mount Oval.

I live in Mount Oval and I love it. Its really quiet and convenient for the city and the south ring. The traffic is bad in the mornings, but if you leave at the right time, you can avoid all that hassle, 5 minutes can actually make a huge difference between a huge queue out the estate and maybe 5 cars in front of you.

The graffiti and broken drink bottles are largely at the front of the estate, and the part I am living in has so far been missed, but as you say this is a problem in a lot of areas these days.

Don't do it!

Dear ckmov

I have bought and sold a house in Mount Oval, and am now renting here for now as it is convenient. Sold my house by the skin of my teeth last year and got out.

In my experienceThe place is over run by anti-social behaviour and on weekends and holidays by kids from other estates,( booze hidden in the ditches by day and used later) theres rat runs everywhere.l I have walked the whole estate and after each weekend theres new graffiti, more broken glass and a fair amount of dog doo. Gardai visit to deal with a.s.b. but my guess is the culprits are untouchable. i feel sorry for the people who have bought here as they spent a fortune to live here.

Back