Mount Eagle, Leopardstown

homeowner

Anyone know what this estate is like? It appears to be quite but there is a large green in the middle of it, does it attract kids from nearby estates and in general are they rowdy?

Any info on the area appreciated.

I've been living there for 3 years now. Haven't seen any problems at all in the area. The kids are all fine up around the area.

Moved to there 6 years ago, I live close to the green, its just used by the local children playing footbal etc. not rowdy at all. There is some graffiti around the estate, this is only recent and the council have promised to clean it up. The residence association have their own web page [broken link removed]. Every road in the estate has it own characteristics, visit the estate at various times to get a feel for the area. You can PM me if you need any more info.

Does anyone else have info on this estate?

I see that there are now 4 or 5 3 bed semi-detached homes for sales ranging from 510K - 565K. Could be a very desirable location when the nearby LUAS stop is complete in 2009!

Why are so many people trying to sell and move on though? This worries me and it makes me think that there may be some undesirable features in the estate e.g. youths congragating in the green area, gangs, traffic, niose from M50 etc. Can anyone explain the mass exodus because when the LUAS is complete the property in this area should hold its own and, in time, increase in value?

Finally can anyone fill me in on the site on the Leopordstown Rd just between Mount Eagle and Leopordstown Heights? The advertising billboard says site zoned for High Rise residential units!! However this site and billboard have been in this field for over 2 years now at least and still no sign of any construction?? Can anyone in the area confirm the status of this project, if pp has been granted and teh plans for the site???

Hopefully some of these question can be answered.

There are a lot of 3 bed semis in the area between Leopardstown heights and the neighbouring estates. I think you will find that most of them being sold are by families with a growing family trading up. Its a good area and can only improve with the Luas.

Back