Mother of the groom outfit - tone in or not

seriams

Should the mother of the grooms' oufit on the big day tone in with the bridemaids, mother of bride colour - not the same obviously but should it be something similiar. i'm been told yes for the photos and I'm also been told no, that it should be completely different. What do people think?
I know its up to her at the end of the day but what's the "norm"?

I reckon you'd be best asking the bride if she has any preference as it's her day (and the groom's of course!). She might not think it matters and if not then just pick a colour that suits you!

I've never heard of the Mother of the Groom having to tone her outfit to the bridal party. I know, when my brother was getting married, my mother checked out if the bride's mother was wearing a hat as, if not, she didn't want to show up in one and look a bit overdressed. But they wore completely different colours and styles of outfits. Apart from the main group photo, the mother of the groom isn't usually photographed with the bridesmaids anyway (unless one of them is her daughter).

Liaonn I completly agree. My brother is getting married this year and my mother is really looking forward to it. She talks to in DIL a lot and updates her on her progress on the outfit and DIL in turn updates my mother on her own mothers progress.

Back