Mortgaging a house from the UK

Brian35

I have a house in Ireland but am now living in the UK. I want to re-mortgage this house to purchase a house in the UK but having difficulty finding a bank that will provide a mortgage. Does anybody know a bank that will provide a repayment mortgage / buy to let mortgage for an Irish house to a UK resident?

Have you tried Irish banks that operate in the UK.

Do you want to give us some figures. And why can't you secure a mortgage without recourse to the Irish property?

I haven't tried Irish banks operating in the UK but could try BOI, good idea. I need to re-mortgage to secure the deposit for a UK mortgage. Irish house is currently valued approx £300K and has approx £80K left on mortgage. Currently rented which is covering mortgage re-payments. Current Irish mortgage is a tracker which I'm also loathe to quit.

No UK bank (Irish or other will give you a facility on property based in another jurisdiction). likewise you will find it difficult to raise funds in Ireland on a "BTL" property. If you need funds to help purchase a property in the UK you should sell the Irish property and use the net proceeds to provide the finance required.

Back