Mortgages for entrepreneurs?

amgd28

Hi folks,
I am interested to know what the attitude of lending institutions would be to my situation. Just left high paying job, to set up a co with a couple of investors. I'm running the co, they are equity holders, and one of them has an extremely good track record in starting businesses (and deep pockets). I am drawing same net salary as before. I don't expect the co to generate revenue until the middle of the year.
Would a lending institution even look at my application before I have 12 months revenue behind me? I have a perfect credit history, and a good business background etc, wife has a good job, and we own 2 irish properties (including home).
I can be PM'd if further details required, but was interested in what some you thought about this first as we would like to trade up during the year if possible

Some lenders will look at you if you are self employed for 6 months in the same industy that you have a proven track record in but there are no mortgages for entrepreneurs per se. Whether they approve or not you will obviously depend on the strength of the business and the field in which it is. Adding your wife to the mortgage can only enhance it.

Norfbank,
Thanks for the feedback
I think I'm going to have to sit tight. I just wanted to test the water because I don't want to waste my time and a broker's time going for an application when its unlikely to happen.
I'm not in the same industry - gone from being a plant manager to a software and consultancy firm! No revenue anticipated until the middle of the year, so I'd say they'd disregard my income and do the calculations based on my wife's income alone, which won't suffice, good and all as it is.

Back