Mortgage with PTSB for last 4 yrs. They have written to say they dont have my a/c no.

triciamonty

I received a letter from PTSB with whom I have a mortgage with for the past 4 years.

They are asking me to contact them with my mortgage a/c number as they dont seem to have it.

Has anyone else been contacted like this? It must be a mistake? .....or is it?

Re: Mortgage with PTSB for last 4 yrs. They have written to say they dont have my a/c

This is very unusual. I haven't heard of it before. To protect yourself against the small possibility that it's a postal version of a phishing scam, don't ring them back on the phone number on the letter - look up the PTSB phone number yourself and ring that.

Re: Mortgage with PTSB for last 4 yrs. They have written to say they dont have my a/c

thanks for replying,

That is the strangest thing i have ever heard. I would call to a branch and say i had paid 5 years mortgage instead. Doesnt exactly inspire one with confidence.

Really sounds like a scam. Be very careful.

might chance it and say i paid it off in full last year

Last edited:

I would just ignore that letter.

I would just ignore that letter.

Ignoring official letters is rarely good advice. Even if the letter is wrong, ammending the error will usually save a headache down the line.

A.

Ali,

I agree with you under normal circumstances I would not recomend ignoring letters especially if it is an arrears letter but "the bank asking you for your mortgage account number".I would still bin it.

I received a letter from PTSB with whom I have a mortgage with for the past 4 years.

They are asking me to contact them with my mortgage a/c number as they dont seem to have it.

Has anyone else been contacted like this? It must be a mistake? .....or is it?

This is some attempt at fraud. A bank uses your account number as an identifier for a customer. They dont lose them....ever.

Yes, absolute scam. I've got them from a lot of Irish and British "banks", asking me to send back my account details etc. I've only got an account with one Irish bank.

Banks or financial institutions never ask people to confirm their details, etc., online. You'll see this if you get a genuine email from your bank.

Back