Mortgage - what is needed to apply?

mu66

I am planning on taking out a mortgage on my own house (which is mortgage free) to finance an investment property. Could anyone out there please tell me what I need to have to apply for a mortgage? I am an employee and my partner is also an employee. We built our own house, without needing a mortgage and therefore have never had a Engineer's report or valuation done. Anyone in a similar situation?
Thanks.

To apply for a mortgage you will need salary certificates (forms detailing your earnings completed by your employers), 2-3 recent payslips, 3-6 months current account statements and p60s. Some lenders will also look for photo & utility IDs along with statements of any loans.

It is only after you have received approval in principle and decided which lender you want to proceed with that you will need to have a valuation report carried out. This is relatively straightforward - each lender has a panel of valuers from which you can choose one to value your house. It costs €127 - €150 and some lenders cover the cost.

q[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Salary cert – completed by employer and stamped for each applicant[/FONT]
q[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]Latest P60 – Original for each applicant[/FONT][/FONT]
q[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]Recent Pay slips x 3 – Original for each applicant[/FONT][/FONT]

q[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]Photo Id (must be a copy of Passport or drivers license, not just photo on its own)[/FONT][/FONT]

q[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]Last 6 month current/personal account statements for all applicants (All Accounts)[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
q[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]Last 12 month loan statements for each applicant[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
q[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]Last 12 month mortgage statement[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Lender may make it a condition of the loan offer that you provide a Cert of Compliance to ensure building was carried out with correct planning permission in place and is structually sound. Basically they need to ensure that if you default on your mortgage repayments that the house can be sold on.

When you apply for a mortgage and get AIP the lender will include any requirements in their loan offer and make it a condition of the offer that they are complied with prior to drawdown such as certs/valuation/life cover/building insurance etc so you will have time to get any outstanding documents to hand.

i have submitted my application to ebs 2 weeks ago. i was told on friday that my application is still with the underwriter. it seems like its dragging on.

Back