Mortgage relief question

paddy75

I bought a house in 2003(first time), then sold it and bought another house. Now the question is am i entitled to get mortgage relief as first time buyers upto 16k which is i get 3200 for a year if i am paying an interest of 16k. Mean time i also remorgaged, moved to different bank society and pulled some equity from the house 6 months ago, but i just got mortgage relief from revenue which seems like i didn't get full releif as first buyers. As far as i know i am entitled to get first time buyers relief first 7 years. asm i right?
Paddy

I bought a house in 2003(first time), then sold it and bought another house.
Is the second house your principal private residence?
Now the question is am i entitled to get mortgage relief as first time buyers upto 16k which is i get 3200 for a year if i am paying an interest of 16k.
I think so - until 2009.
Mean time i also remorgaged, moved to different bank society and pulled some equity from the house 6 months ago, but i just got mortgage relief from revenue which seems like i didn't get full releif as first buyers. As far as i know i am entitled to get first time buyers relief first 7 years. asm i right?
Paddy
If the additional equity release amount was not used to purchase/renovate your PPR then you cannot claim tax relief on it.

Back