Mortgage Protection with AIB

blathanna

Hi,

We set up our tracker mortgage in 2007 with AIB, I can't remember if we decided to take out mortgage protection or not, would we have received paperwork over the years if we had taken it out?

I can ring on Monday to find out, just wondering if I should know!
Thanks for advice :)

Mortgage protection as in to cover your life if you die or repayment protector to cover your repayments? The cover your life version is not optional unlike the repayment type but you could have taken it out with any company and not necessarily through AIB. Either way you would be paying for it, are there debits on your statement for it?

Unlikely to be getting regular correspondence on either of them.

Thanks a million for reply. Ya we def have d life protection for the mortgage, I was wondering about the one that might cover mortgage repayments if one of us was off work sick long term?
Thanks a mill :)

Repayment protection is what you are looking for so, you should see debits for it somewhere if you have it, either from your bank account or on your mortgage statement but i don't think it can be lumped in with your mortgage payments, it has to be shown as a separate payment somewhere.

Repayment protection is what you are looking for so, you should see debits for it somewhere if you have it, either from your bank account or on your mortgage statement but i don't think it can be lumped in with your mortgage payments, it has to be shown as a separate payment somewhere.
Blatthanna.

Contact AIB and get a copy of all insurances you hold.
If pure Mortgage Protection , that is fine and covers the Mortgage .

However check it and see does it give illness/injury protection.

Even if it (appears) to I suggest review it.
The problem with Illness type policies is that the Consumer think a Heart Attack is a Heart Attack , however it is now difficult to get payouts on Heart Attacks!

Get a good Broker to review your insurances.
Given that you were a captive customer get an up to date quote , I don,t bet much but reckon AIB took too much premia from you.

Back