Mortgage Interest Suppliment Query

D

djm123

Hi,
I've been unemployed for a few months now and when i originally made an enquiry regarding the mortgage interest suppliment i was told, as my partner was working that i couldn't apply. But was told that if we split up and i got a letter from her saying she'd moved out, then i'd be eligible. So now that we've "split up" i'm just wondering does anyone know what steps they take to make sure that i'm living there alone? Do they come out to the house?
Any info would be great.

The CWO wil require evidence of the split - where your wife is now residing, and what her obligations are towards the mortgage (if it's a joint mortgage). Yes, there is usually a home visit to determine residence.

I would hope that you aren't contemplating fraud in your application for Mortgage Interest Supplement (I note the use of " " in your post to explain your current situation).

No, not fraud, my girlfriend was just thinking about moving back to her parents for a while and still pay her half of the mortgage, i'd then be eligible for the mortgage interest suppliment but don't know if its worth the hassle to be honest.

Is this supplement paid pro rata where mtg was for part refinance or does that disqualify you totally. eg mtg of 200k, 100k takeover of existing loan used to purchase the house and 100k equity release for different purpose. Can you get the MIS on 100k?

Only the portion of the loan which was used for the purchase of the property (or takeover of the old mortgage) can be considered towards Mortgage Interest Supplement. So you can apply even though only part of your loan was for this purpose. Entitlement will be based on the means-test applied.

We were thinking she could move out until i manage to find a job and no longer need the mortgage interest suppliment.

Re: Mortgage Interest Supplement Query

Has anyone received this supplement, if so how much would you get?

The OP states that his partner (not wife) has moved out therefore it would be necessary to check who is responsible for the mortgage.

Back