Mortgage Interest Relief switch

noobie99

Hi,

If I move to a new PPR and rent out my old PPR how do I switch the mortgage interest relief from the old house to the new?

Thanks,

Noob.

FIle [broken link removed] to get relief on new property. You can also apply or adjust the qualifying percentages [broken link removed] . THe rented property would go to 0% and the new PPR goes to 100%.

Thanks for that. Do the participating banks get automatically informed or does it have any bearing on them?

Think I got answer from link:

The advantage of submitting your details online is that they are updated on Revenue's TRS system overnight and advised to your lender at the earliest opportunity.

So is this both banks or just new one I wonder?
Reason I ask is given current economic situation will I have to renegotiate mortgage with lender now that property is no longer PPR and could they pull current mortgage from under me?

Rgds,

Noob.

Last edited:
You need to do separate TRS for each mortgage/lender to ensure it is clear.

The issue of the banks perhaps having differing mortgage rates for residential and investment properties is a matter between you and the bank, Revenue have no function there.

So I register online for new house and say 100% mortgage % relief on that as it's my PPR.

Existing house is already registered (via old paper trail) - do I need to reg that online too and set to 0%?

My worry re: lender on initial PPR is that this switch of mortgage % relief could prompt them to 're-apply' for existing mortgage and I may not now meet requirements. An actual rate hike is less of a worry TBH - inevitable though undesirable.

Thanks again,

Noob.

Back