Mortgage - Considering divorce

A

artificial

Hi

My wife just told me she had an affair a year ago. While I'm not wanting to rush into things I want to know how this works.

Basically we are jointly paying mortgage. Neither of us could afford to make the payment just by ourselves. Obviously selling is not an option in this climate.

Can anyone who has been in a similar situation or has some knowledge in this area give me some advice.

Thanks,
Artificial

You either stay together or you split up. Your ( and hers) choice.

If you stay together, you pay the mortgage.

If you split up, you work out who pays what. If you can't work it out, you issue Judicial Separation proceedings. And the Court tells you what to do.

mf

Hi Artificial,

There is always the divorce route, is there any chance that both of you could try and work things out? I'm not suggesting it would be easy. Your wife had two choices, tell you and face the music, or not tell you and have you both living a lie.

I would hope that she told you becuse she wanted a marriage based on honesty.... If there is any grain of hope, please try and work on it..
P:(

Really very sorry to hear that Artificial. Is there any possibility of you both working it out, hard as that may seem at the moment. Apart from that the other routes aren't very attractive.

Back