mortgage approval and credit checks

F

FreddyB

Hi, the bank we have our mortgage approval with have checked my icb report as i requested a copy of the report and saw their names on it. We havent got to the stage of a loan offer being sent out as that all depends on valuation report carried out on property we get etc but all our documents are with the bank.

Is that likely to be the only credit check they do or do they usually run more than one? I was thinking of getting a small loan

Thanks

Would love to know the same answer, we have gotten our Loan Offer though, wondering would getting another loan now be a problem?

hi,

we've just gone through a selfbuild, and the only check they did was at the start. I was a bit on edge as i thought oh god something will show up, i don't know why but sometimes with a selfbuild mortgage it seems like there going to contcat your first ever boyfriend for a referance!! but no,... now i'm told once they have a good credit report then that's the one on file. best of luck I know it's a horrid time.

In the majority of cases they will run a final credit check after loan offer/just before drawdown.

wait until cheque issue before taking out any other loans even fron a credit union

Back