Mortage Interest Relief (backdated money)

Lydia

Hi,
I recently took out a mortgage with PTSB. We have been paying the mortgae for around 6 months and out TRS has only just kicked in. I rang PTSB about getting our backdated TRS but was informed that I had to fill in a form TRST/ TRSP or something like that. I can only find the original form for claiming the TRS in the first place on the revenue website. Can anyone direct me to the correct place?
Thank you!!!!

I seem to remember this happening to me a few years back and when i queried with my bank when i would get the backdated element they told me it would take Revenue a few weeks to work it out but that they would notify the bank and they would pass it on. Lo and behold I remember a month or two later i got a lot extra in my TRS and I didn't have to do anything.

This is based on a sketch memory though so though take it as gospel!!

TRS1 form maybe? See [broken link removed]. If necessary just contact/write to Revenue explaining the situation and they should sort it out.

Took Mortgage out in January 06 and have only just applied for TRS now. Sent in TRS form 4 weeks ago and got Tax credit for the last year 01-06 to 12-06 entered into my account. I didnt have to apply for it other than filling in the TRS form

Took Mortgage out in January 06 and have only just applied for TRS now. Sent in TRS form 4 weeks ago and got Tax credit for the last year 01-06 to 12-06 entered into my account. I didnt have to apply for it other than filling in the TRS form

Strange. I always thought that they would only refund you the money for the year that the applciation was made and thereafter using TRS1. For prior years I have had to use TRSP.

Hi,
I recently took out a mortgage with PTSB. We have been paying the mortgae for around 6 months and out TRS has only just kicked in. I rang PTSB about getting our backdated TRS but was informed that I had to fill in a form TRST/ TRSP or something like that. I can only find the original form for claiming the TRS in the first place on the revenue website. Can anyone direct me to the correct place?
Thank you!!!!

Try this link - its a TRSP form you are looking for...
[broken link removed]

I applied for mine in Jan and am still waiting :mad:

Back