Morning drivers.Make me Mad!

thedaras

Not one morning has gone by,that I don't come back to my house annoyed/frustrated and angry .
The maddening things drivers do,totally wreck my head!

Taking so long to go out onto a main road,that Ive often thought they must have brought a packed lunch with them,or they are just admiring the view!

Taking so long to go at a filter light and then speed up like mad things to catch up,leaving the rest of us with another red light.

Going through red traffic lights,what the hell are they at,do they have any idea of the implications of that?

I also notice that when THEIR children have been dropped off safely at school that they then hare down the road!

Taking up two lanes ,when one is only for turning left ,the other for turning right,they insist on being in the middle,leaving those of us wanting to go ,stuck while they make up their minds.

Going into the bus lanes ,while we sit in the queue and wait.

And the really annoying one,is when the guy giving out the free papers is standing waiting for the traffic to stop,and the clown in front decides he would quite like one of those,and we all have to stop and wait while he gets his free metro..agggggggggg.

Top for me though is those who bomb through red lights!
I dont know if they are aware,but children who walk to school are around and when they get the green man,they tend to start to cross,it is only luck that some of them make it across safely.

I have told my kids to not only wait for the green man but also to wait for the traffic to be fully stationary before crossing.(on the rare occasion they would have to walk )

On a main road just outside the estate that I live in,the speed limit is 50,we have a sign that says " your speed is".It turns red when someone hits the fifty or over and flashes.

Honest to god Id say the red light must be replaced on a weekly basis as it is constantly flashing at the fools going over the limit,and this is with children walking to school at that time.

I just don't know what can be done about it.But because there is so much dangerous driving in the mornings ,I give all my kids a lift to school.
I would be terrified they wouldn't make it some day.

A young girl was knocked down and killed at the junction some years ago and there have been many accidents on the road with the flashing sign,and two deaths.
I regularly see cyclists,kids,old people and the lollipop lady,just about escape with their lives.

Not one morning has gone by,that I don't come back to my house annoyed/frustrated and angry .
The maddening things drivers do,totally wreck my head!

I just don't know what can be done about it.But because there is so much dangerous driving in the mornings ,I give all my kids a lift to school.
I would be terrified they wouldn't make it some day.

You think there's too much traffic on the road in the morning so you add to it by driving your kids to school instead of letting them walk? I'm not sure this makes sense.

batty; Why don't your read what I acutally wrote ,rather than making up something which is NOT in my post!!

Where in my post did I say I think there is too much traffic?

Just posting for the sake of it ,is a pointless exercise.And THAT does not make sense.

People driving their kids to school used to drive me mad too.
School holidays were such luxury.

batty; Why don't your read what I acutally wrote ,rather than making up something which is NOT in my post!!

Where in my post did I say I think there is too much traffic?

Just posting for the sake of it ,is a pointless exercise.And THAT does not make sense.

People driving their children to school when they are perfectly able to walk the distance drives me mad, hence the comment. Also a weak reason for driving children to school - "I give all my kids a lift to school.
I would be terrified they wouldn't make it some day." You are adding to the traffic problems so why moan about it?

I have to agree with the OP 100% and I think the same applies in the evenings when everybody is heading home.

One more thing to add to the OP's comments - WHY CANT PEOPLE INDICATE?

Oh roll on the summer holidays and the reduced stress of driving :)

My pet hate is when people use the right hand lane out of the two at a roundabout when they are going straight just to skip the traffic in the left hand lane. Very aggravating.
And in fairness the OP was complaining about the standard of driving, not the amount of traffic on the road. Alot of children go to school far away from where they live and can't walk and bus services are not always adequate.

My pet hate is when people use the right hand lane out of the two at a roundabout when they are going straight just to skip the traffic in the left hand lane.

This I find OK if there are 2 lanes at the exit - it's when people are in the left hand lane & turn right or in the right hand lane and turn left.....that drives me nuts. There is one roundabout near me that is notorious for this. I'm always on high altert, if I wasn't I'm sure I would have had sererval accidents at this particular roundabout.

... One more thing to add to the OP's comments - WHY CANT PEOPLE INDICATE? ...
In fairness my observations are that 9 times out of 10 the cars with no indicators flashing are BMWs. It is a well-documented defect that the manufacturer cannot correct as its endemic in the drivers. A TV motoring journalist's comment that BMWs seem to driven exclusively by what might be described in polite society as male chickens would seem to have some validity. :)

I beg to differ sir! Its usually middle to old age drivers who likely never passed a test. They also dont understand roundabouts and are often found flashing their lights in the hard shoulder in the mistaken belief they can come out from a side road onto the hard shoulder and avoid waiting for a gap in traffic

i beg to differ sir! Its usually middle to old age drivers who likely never passed a test. They also dont understand roundabouts and are often found flashing their lights in the hard shoulder in the mistaken belief they can come out from a side road onto the hard shoulder and avoid waiting for a gap in traffic

+1

I agree with everything said in this thread. However, this is on the basis that whether I'm in the car, cycling or walking everyone else is in the wrong but me.

For example, if I were to turn right at a roundabout having been in the left lane, it's a legitimate mistake and the fault of the NRA for poor/confusing signage and those who are making gestures at me with their hands or blaring on the horn really need to be more patient and understanding for a legitimate error.

However, when some else turns right from a left lane, they're idiotic muppets who shouldn't be on the road and yeah you can apologise all you want mr/mrs it still doesn't detract from the fact that you really are an incompetent imbecile and is a Northern reg? Oh well that’s bleeding typical that is. Where’s the Gardai eh? You should be locked up you should. Here let me get right up against your bumper just to show my disproval…

My pet hate is people who illegally drive in the bus lane, then try to suddenly cut back into the normal lane when they come across e.g. a bus stopped to pick up passengers. Always try and pull into a space that isnt there and seem to think that flashing their hazard warning lights (also against the rules of the road) after you've had to break suddenly makes everything ok.

People driving their children to school when they are perfectly able to walk the distance drives me mad, hence the comment. Also a weak reason for driving children to school - "I give all my kids a lift to school.
I would be terrified they wouldn't make it some day." You are adding to the traffic problems so why moan about it?

Are you batty by name and nature:p

My kids are very precious,As are everyone elses,I have a duty of care..

I care that they arrive safely at their school,which in the current situation is not always guaranteed.

Three deaths and several accidents on the road,does not in my opinion make it a weak reason.

You infer that I moaned about traffic problems and then add to them.
Where did you come up with that one? I was not complaining about the amount of traffic,rather it was the behavior of the drivers!

What I did " moan " about was that drivers need to be more alert and stop acting like nutcases!

My pet hate is people who illegally drive in the bus lane, then try to suddenly cut back into the normal lane

Going down the Blanchardstown road past the Blanch IT is notorious for this but what annoys me more are the drivers who obligingly brake to let them back into the traffic. One guy was going down the buslane once and indicated to move into the space in front of me but I sped up and wouldn't let him - we had a right ole race - dangerous I know - I wouldn't do it again but I just saw red. The look of disbelief on his face that I wouldn't just let him cut in front of me - these guys/girls think they own the road.

re bus lanes - what also annoys me is those who think its wrong to be in them at any time. Many of them are only in operation for a few hours a day

gallyslave; This also annoys me.
There is a sign in a local bus lane ,which states very very clearly "Bus lane NOT in use".
Yet when I go into it,the other drivers think I'm trying to get by them and freak!

Back