More doom or things are looking up?

jpd

Take your lead from the media

CSO figures reveal country in grip of 'robbery epidemic'
Irish Independant - [broken link removed]

Serious crime falls in third quarter
Irish Times - [broken link removed]

Trying to get an objective view is difficult but do we have to go back and read every report ourselves ?

Why would you believe things are 'looking up'?

There's nothing to suggest they are. We haven't even had the budgets from hell yet.

I have a friend that started stockpiling long-life food and buying camping or outdoor survival stuff when the credit crisis first fit (early 2008). He is an intelligent guy but he is still at it and is always trying to convince me that society will collapse in a matter of time for various reasons (debt, riots, economic wars etc) and we need to be ready to 'ride it out'. I believe he has a secret hideaway somewhere to cater for his family when it all comes tumbling down. I think he initially thought it would have happened by now but then again the news isn't getting any better than it was in 2008.

I have a friend that started stockpiling long-life food and buying camping or outdoor survival stuff when the credit crisis first fit (early 2008). He is an intelligent guy but he is still at it and is always trying to convince me that society will collapse in a matter of time for various reasons (debt, riots, economic wars etc) and we need to be ready to 'ride it out'. I believe he has a secret hideaway somewhere to cater for his family when it all comes tumbling down. I think he initially thought it would have happened by now but then again the news isn't getting any better than it was in 2008.

only the paranoid survive

I have a friend that started stockpiling long-life food and buying camping or outdoor survival stuff.

Your friend has inside info on the Zombie Apocalypse, only a matter of time
Has your friend got a shotgun and plenty of ammo too?

Wait, I'm posting this and Halloween is tonight :eek:

Has your friend got a shotgun and plenty of ammo too?

Not sure, not for want of trying I would say. He does go to the local fishing shop a fair bit and they have shotguns and crossbows and airsoft/pellet guns etc etc

Not sure, not for want of trying I would say. He does go to the local fishing shop a fair bit and they have shotguns and crossbows and airsoft/pellet guns etc etc

Ive got my plan in place for the same thing. It wasnt too hard to devise, the government handily sent me an iodine tablet a number of years back - Ive got it at the ready.

Ive got my plan in place for the same thing. It wasnt too hard to devise, the government handily sent me an iodine tablet a number of years back - Ive got it at the ready.
Are you going to make a dirty bomb out of smoke alarms, gas lamp mantels, diesel and lemonade?

Are you going to make a dirty bomb out of smoke alarms, gas lamp mantels, diesel and lemonade?

Im hardly going to share the details of my plan with you, a random stranger on the internet who could secretly be a government agent tapping into my IP address and checking up on my internet activity!!

But I will say this - I wont be wasting good lemonade that way.

Back