Monkstown cricket club

creme egg

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knew where Monkstown cricket club is?
I tired google, but was just getting Pembroke Cricket club.

Thanks

creme egg

well they're not in the leinster league so unless it's a taverner's club that play occasional games at another club's grounds have you a game against them?

AFAIK,they used to be in Sandymount off Park Avenue. This is heading towards the Sea Front, from Ailesbury Road, go over the Railway Line (Sydney Parade station),take first left go approx 200 mts.and on the Left Hand Side opposite the Church on an Island Site

Don't have a game, working at a function there.

I have been to the one in Sandymount (also a hockey ground) but this place is definitely in Monkstown.

Creme Egg --No this is another ground approx 50 yardsaway on the other side of the road.They play rugby there in Winter- Backs ontothe Railway Line.

Don't have a game, working at a function there.

I have been to the one in Sandymount (also a hockey ground) but this place is definitely in Monkstown.

Are you sure? Monkstown Rugby Club are where Mercman described so cricket club could be there too

From Pembroke CC site
Pembroke Cricket Club was founded in 1868 and shares its ground at Sydney Parade, Sandymount, Dublin 4, Ireland with Monkstown Rugby Club.

Last edited:
Pembroke Cricket Club & Monkstown Rugby Club share a ground on Park Avenue, Sydney Parade, D4. No such cricket club as Monkstown. Pembroke frequently gets confused as Monkstown, so that is probably where you are working. No hockey pitch either, probably Railway Union or Pembroke Wanderers you worked at before!!!!!

Thanks all,

Mercman, thanks very much that is exactly where it is. I was told monkstown! :rolleyes:

creme egg

Back