Money Saving Tip Nobody Else Will Give You - Alicante Airport

Leper

If you are returning to Ireland through Alicante Airport (and some others) when you buy something in the "Duty Free" Shop you usually receive a 25% or 20% voucher off your next purchase voucher (expires within days). This appears on your receipt.

Use your head and make a small purchase and re-enter the shop with your discount voucher a few minutes later. The new discount does not apply to cigarettes or already discounted alcohol, but it does apply to every other purchase.

Sounds good. I wonder though if the voucher is valid immediately. Some places provide discount vouchers e.g. Dunnes, but you can't use it immediately. Perhaps the airport one is different. Well spotted, Slim.

Sounds good. I wonder though if the voucher is valid immediately. Some places provide discount vouchers e.g. Dunnes, but you can't use it immediately. Perhaps the airport one is different. Well spotted, Slim.
The validity of the voucher is immediate after close of first purchase - I have experienced this on several occasions and within minutes of receiving the voucher.

I had a look at the website a few minutes ago. The liquor discounts mainly seem to be along the line "Buy 2 and save 20%." Such offers are available in shop too when you visit; they are not exclusive to online shoppers. I'm not knocking buying online in advance. I'm merely suggesting if you are buying in the Duty Free Shop to use your head and buy something small first and then use your discount voucher five minutes later for the more expensive items you want.

Back