Monasterevin

W

Wanderers

hi,
Me and my girlfriend are currently thinking of moving to Monasterevin. We both work in Tallaght and are looking for some advice/experiences about the following:

1. Facilties in Monasterevin ie travel.
2. How "bad" is the commute to Tallaght?

There is no puiblic transport to Tallaght from Monasterevin. As for the commute, the best way to Tallaght is via Citywest, however, it can be badly congested from about 8am onwards. An alternative route is up through Saggart. The new 3 lane road from Naas has made things much better on the approach to the city and Tallaght is a good place to be commuting to from the N7 end of things.

Best thing to do is try the 'course' a couple of times to see how long it takes you at the various times of the morning.

Hi . I live in Saggart village. Be warned that the traffic on the Mill road (from saggart village to the N81 can sometimes be backed right up. It has sometimes taken me upwards of 10-20 mins to get on to the N81 from there.

The other route to tallaght - through saggart village through Citywest/fetercairn can also get busy in the mornings just at the citywest roundabaout.

An alternative route is up through Saggart..

We've been looking at the new developments old grange wood and old mill race. They seem a good price along with a good area. Can we go wrong? Anybody heard anything about these developments?

Thanks in advance

Hi ,

No commute directly but you could get the train at monasterevin and get the luas from heuston to tallaght....youd be in tallaght by about 8.30 -8.40

A private bus company called Silver Dawn operate a daily service from Portarlington to UCD, picking up in Monasterevin at [I think] around 7 a.m.

They don't go into Tallaght itself, but you could get dropped off at Bewleys/Newlands Cross and pick up a Dublin Bus into Tallaght from there.

Contact numbers for them: (045) 525267 / mobile (087) 2595162

Back