Mobile phone (SIM?) problem

IWONDER

Hi,

I am looking for some help please.

Since sometime yesterday afternoon my phone/SIM is showing as having no signal whatsoever (Vodafone customer). This is the case wherever I go so it's not a location problem. I can't send or receive texts, and cannot make or receive calls. When I try to make a call it just comes back with 'No network connection'.
I am completely stumped as the phone & Sim are working otherwise. I can see my contacts and take pictures etc. I have tried using the Sim in my spare phone but it say 'invalid sim registration' so presumably it's locked for the card.

Anyone come across anything like this before?
Does it sound as though I have been disconnected or something?
The phone Sim is provided by my employer through a business scheme with Vodafone so I do not receive bills or anything. I have checked with some work colleagues and they are not having an issue.
I also checked the Vodafone website but no info there.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you've been cut off alright, very rarely sims die but its more likely cut off.
Call Vodafone customer care and get them to check it out for you.

Thanks for the reply Mr Blues.
I tried the Customer Care number but it's barred from my spare phone so I'll try them from another phone tomorrow.

You will have to get your employer to look into it for you because vodafone wont deal with you even the phone is in your name.They will only deal with the bill payer.I have experienced something similar

Apologies @IWONDER, I missed the part about your employer!

As Bigmc says - you need to get the account contact in your company to call Vodafone tomorrow to sort. Should be quite straight forward as your are a business/corporate customer.

something simple to check, has caught me out before tho,
Does your phone have an airplane mode switched on?

Try removing 3G connection. I had similar problem some time ago and removing the connection worked

Try removing 3G connection. I had similar problem some time ago and removing the connection worked

I'm not 100% sure what 3G is to be honest but from what I have just looked into, it looks like it is for internet connectivity etc? It is not set anyway and I have never been able to access the internet from my work phone, even though the facility exists on it. The same goes for sending and receiving emails and mms. Presumably this is a contract restriction.

I also checked the flight mode thing (which I have never set before). When I saw the suggestion I got a bit hot with embarassment as I had set the phone to silent yesterday morning while at a funeral and presumed I had set the wrong option. I hadn't though as this is not on my shortcut list. phew - saved the :eek: but at the same it would have been nice if it was something so simple.

I am going to contact work tomorrow and ask them to follow this up for me.
Thanks for all the info peeps.:)

Okay just something else I have been noticing - every now and then I see an OPEN LOCK symbol on the display on my phone. Presumably because it is unlocked - but I have never ever seen this before. Strange

Might sound stupid but have you tried turning the phone off and removing and replacing the battery.

I got this sorted out today. Work checked it out and it hadn't been disconnected or anything. I went into a Vodafone shop and they gave me a new Sim card and then I got this registered with my existing number. This worked okay. (My one year old mobile died a death in the meantime but that is another story :confused:). I don't think they know what is wrong with the card but probably just wear and tear due to it being eight years old.
Thanks for all the replies :)

did u put some wrong passcode for anything? sometimes your phone does things in your pocket and you just don't realize... lol. Otherwise you have to speak to your boss and he's got to speak with the mobile consultant. If nothing else works, I believe you might have to transfer your simcard number to a new simcard...

Back