mobile home heating

aerobubbles

Hi everyone,
We recently moved into a mobile home while renovating a cottage. Its gas heating throughout (39 * 10). At the moment we are using two 32kg gas cylinders. small vents at floor level in the rooms which the heat comes out of and a small gas heater fitted in fireplace in sitting room.
Its just about enough for this time of year still feels cold and would run the heat for an hour in morning and evening at the moment. we have used both cylinders inside a month. This would be minimal useage as we havent cooked much there yet.
We need to look at other heating methods now coming to winter and was wondering if anyone could reccommend anything? i have a dimplex oil filled heater and i seem to be plugging that in most nights for a couple hours to take the cold out of the air. the mobile is double glazed but still cold.
My partner is on about installing a stove just by taking out the gas stove and installing a solid fuel one. I know this is a major operation and isnt as simple as take one out and put one in. he said there is a chimney there already but i have read on this board as i said its not that simple. Also the gas cooker is right behind the wall the stove is set in so that scares me as regards the solid fuel stove too.
Im probably not making sense but what im asking basically is without ripping half the mobile apart and creating a fire hazard what are the alternatives as regards heating for a mobile home.

Back