MOA & AOA templates

Y

yellowsnow

Hi guys,

I'm currently setting up a Ltd and trying to save by doing it myself.

Do any of you have a template for the MOA and AOA documents?

Any advice appreciated,

Cheers,

Patrick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using the Memo & Articles of a company formed in 1986 and with share capital denominated in Irish Pounds is a recipe for a mess, if you ask me, especially considering that several Companies Acts have come into law in the meantime.

Agree 1986 is too old. Has the company the same objects as the one you wish to form?

The CRO database is full of companies with memo & articles documents which could be used as a template to produce your own memo & articles. That said, unless you know what you are doing, and have a reasonable understanding of company law and procedures, it would be a lot less hassle, and probably cheaper as well in the long run, to get a professional to form the company for you.

Yep there are lost of companies that will form your company for and look after everything.
Costs around €350 if I remember correctly

It's worth it IMO for the lack of hassle and peace of mind that it's all done correctly

www.registeracompany.ie

€75 for

» Incorporation documents
» Memorandum of Association
» Articles of Association
» Register of Members
» Director & Secretary Consents
» First Board Minutes

all you need to do then is print the docs, sign them, file them with CRO and pay the filing fee of €100... simple enough really

** I have nothing to do with the above company. I found them doing a Google search.

A friend of mine used the above named company and did all the filing himself. When he went to open a bank account, the memorandum & articles didn't have a clause to facilitate him opening a bank account or avail of a credit card facility/overdraft etc. IMO this would be a standard basic clause that should be included and he has now had to go get a professional to prepare and file an amended set of m&a's with CRO.

Thanks for all of the input. I decided to use CompanySetup.ie.

Cheers.

Back