Missing P60-urgent!!!!

Re: Missing P60-urgent!!!!UPDATE

Righto -update
Have managed to get P60 2006 from ex employer. Hand written, it has details of (we presume) employment from October - December 2006. These are the same details that the tax office do NOT have.

Not included in these figures(ie pay in respect of previous employment THAT year) which the tax office DO have a record of. I don't know what on earth is going on.
How could I find someone to look over the figures?

Re: Missing P60-urgent!!!!UPDATE

Righto -update
Have managed to get P60 2006 from ex employer. Hand written, it has details of (we presume) employment from October - December 2006. These are the same details that the tax office do NOT have.

Not included in these figures(ie pay in respect of previous employment THAT year) which the tax office DO have a record of. I don't know what on earth is going on.
How could I find someone to look over the figures?

If it has the details of the employment which the tax office did not have then that is the missing piece of information you needed.

P60's do not always show the figures from previous employment. This may be because the most recent employer did not have them i.e. was not provided with them on the previous p45, or because they mislaid them. As long as the tax office have those and can now be given the Oct-Dec details then they (the tax office) can piece together the year. It is now possible that the most recent employer from Oct-Dec is filing a supplementary end-of-year return for 2006 to now declare those details so they will, eventually go on record. In the meantime if you provide them to the tax office it will enable them to balance the year properly.

Sounds like a job for a solicitor. Maybe you can get free legal aid to persue the employer. When this happened to a client of mine my client reported the employer to the Revenue. The Revenue carried out an audit on the employer, found nothing and then investigated my client seemingly in a huff as a small piece of information that my client provided in relation to the employer was incorrect. He also reported the employer to SIPTU to persue his CIF pension contributions. Again nothing was proven. This despite the fact that he was employed for 7 years with the employer - unknown to him he was never registered at the tax office. He then appointed a solicitor to enquire into the case and shortly thereafter he received his P60s for each year. The state agencies were absolutely no use to him.

Sounds like a job for a solicitor. Maybe you can get free legal aid to persue the employer. When this happened to a client of mine my client reported the employer to the Revenue. The Revenue carried out an audit on the employer, found nothing and then investigated my client seemingly in a huff as a small piece of information that my client provided in relation to the employer was incorrect. He also reported the employer to SIPTU to persue his CIF pension contributions. Again nothing was proven. This despite the fact that he was employed for 7 years with the employer - unknown to him he was never registered at the tax office. He then appointed a solicitor to enquire into the case and shortly thereafter he received his P60s for each year. The state agencies were absolutely no use to him.

All I can say is oh god then. Revenue has been informed already, whether they do anything though is anyones guess.

Back