Mis-Spelling on RTE Weather Forecast

Happy Girl

Has anybody noticed the dreadful spelling on the weather forecast after the 9 o'clock news on RTE on a regular basis. Monday night we had "tomorrrow", we regularly have Thurday on the screen, we have had drizzel, easten winds and several others which dont just come to mind. Keep an eye out. I now find that I am more preoccupied with spelling than weather when it comes on.

I now find that I am more preoccupied with spelling than weather when it comes on.

Well, if nothing else it keeps your mind off the rain or joining this lady's fan club ;)

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

Has anybody noticed the dreadful spelling on the weather forecast after the 9 o'clock news on RTE on a regular basis.

Sure watch TV3 instead

Big shoutout to Bridie in Mayo celebrating her 90th birthday with family and friends and her seventeen cats

Sure watch TV3 instead

Big shoutout to Bridie in Mayo celebrating her 90th birthday with family and friends and her seventeen cats
LOL

Maybe the person writing it up does not have english as a first language? There is a nordic guy on most mornings at 8:00 and he can sometimes strangulate the language but in fairness hes never as bad as that actor on TV3 who does the granny requests.

LOL

Maybe the person writing it up does not have english as a first language? There is a nordic guy on most mornings at 8:00 and he can sometimes strangulate the language but in fairness hes never as bad as that actor on TV3 who does the granny requests.

Sat next to this gentleman in a restaurant the last time we were in Dublin. The first 15 minutes he was acting like a celeb, keeping his head down etc trying not to be noticed. When no-one was paying him any attention he went out of his way to be seen...still no-one was paying him any attention! We were sitting right next to him and it was quite funny & pathetic at the same time. Decent enough OH though ;)

Sat next to this gentleman in a restaurant the last time we were in Dublin. The first 15 minutes he was acting like a celeb, keeping his head down etc trying not to be noticed. When no-one was paying him any attention he went out of his way to be seen...still no-one was paying him any attention! We were sitting right next to him and it was quite funny & pathetic at the same time. Decent enough OH though ;)

Ah, Firefly, Purple won't thank you for spilling that tin of beans! :D

Same sort of thing on the business news at 6 0'clock. Yer one read out the Sterling /exchange rate the other night as .89 instead of .79. For someone who does this every night of the week you would imagine that she might try and understand what she is reading.

The RTÉ News website is brutal for spelling as well. All just boils down to carelessness.

Back