Mira Elite shower and cold water tap not owrking?

CMK

Our electric shower upstairs and cold water tap are not working. The electric shower makes a shrill noise when we turn it on l!! Everything else in house is working. The shower has the light on for low flow. I have searched on other threads and havent seen anything similar coming up.

When things get back to normal and restrictions lifted will it be ok or have we got a problem??

Thanks

I think it means there's an airlock in the pipe between your tank and the shower, and no water is making it to the shower, but I'm not quite sure how to resolve that - someone will be along shortly with a suggestion I'm sure :)

(I'm assuming that your upstairs taps, toilet cistern etc are filling as normal)

Depends on a few things. If your kitchen cold tap is low on pressure or none at all and your shower is fed from same supply, it will do exactly as your describing it. Wait for pressure to return and check again

Thanks for replies. We got tap working and cistern is now filing ok. As far as we know shower is not worked off mains but will wait for pressure to come back later and see what happens. Thanks

We also resolved the shower issue. We removed the shower head then left the shower on for under 10 minutes - the loud noise varied whilst doing this. Eventually we got rid of the air lock and the shower is working perfectly again! All we want now is some water!!

Hi. I've a Mira Elite st shower and the water will not stop flowing through it even when power is turned off. Danny Quain posted the same query back in September and there was no reply. Once you open the front of the shower, where is the valve situated that needs to be replaced? Is it easy to take out? How much approx does a replacement cost? Thanks for any help...

Back