Ministerial cars gone!

Howitzer

Hear Hear! Only when the ministers here are subjected to the same traffic problems as the public, will they understand the frustrations of commuters. It would also be good for their health. Now how about banning the absurd free car parking for life for TDs. A little humility all around would not go amiss.

Hear Hear! Only when the ministers here are subjected to the same traffic problems as the public, will they understand the frustrations of commuters.

+1. If they had to get around under their own steam we might see an end to:

Ridiculous parking charges in the City Centre

All roads within a mile of Luas or Dart Stations or near bus terminuses being turned into permit zones, with no alternative park and ride facilities provided

The joke of a bus service the public have been putting up with for years.

Prohibit those in government from private health insurace or access to any special health facility within the gov and make them go to public hospitals and wait on a trolley like everyone else - don't think it would take too long to sort out that particular mess

Prohibit those in government from private health insurace or access to any special health facility within the gov and make them go to public hospitals and wait on a trolley like everyone else - don't think it would take too long to sort out that particular mess

Do it to HSE management and the union fat-cats as well if you really want results.

Is there a security risk though?

What about the Minister for Justice walking around to different offices and carrying sensitive documents?
Minister for Defense also

Just like most of the people in the private sector.
My mother has often said that you couldn't buy the kind of cover the Garda Medical Aid gives. I think my father actually made a profit when he was sick in hospital.

Is there a security risk though?

What about the Minister for Justice walking around to different offices and carrying sensitive documents?
Minister for Defense also

Not really, Minister for Justice is based in Stephen's Green and most people would go there to meet him. If out on business the Private Secretary would carry the documents.

My mother has often said that you couldn't buy the kind of cover the Garda Medical Aid gives. I think my father actually made a profit when he was sick in hospital.
A single adult pays just under €1700 a year for the cover provided - about 3 times the cost of standard VHI cover. It's a bit like VHI and HSF all rolled in together. Anyone can buy the HSF cover [broken link removed] if they like, so that they will 'make a profit' when they are sick.

Back