Minister of Agriculture lying??

R

Redbhoy

Hi folks,
Strolling down Kildare Street yesterday and i seen a man walking up and down in front of government buildings with a placard saying that the minister is lying to TDs to cover up an abuse of power which is destroying this man!
I asked him to elaborate but he basically re-iterated what was written on the placard.
I was wondering if anyone would have an inkling as to the story behind his protest? I havent seen anything in the news or papers!
Cheers

I'd ask any responders to this question to keep in mind the laws of libel and the importance of not exposing our host (Brendan) to possible legal exposure.

I wouldn't care to venture any opinion as to whether the current Minister for Agriculture (or any other, or indeed any of their illustrious predecessors) have ever uttered or would ever utter a word that was anything less than as pure as the driven snow... :lol

But if yer man is marching up & down with a placard, he's presumably seeking to draw attention to his plight and to the injustice of this great 'cover-up'(?) Yet when a well-disposed passer-by stops and enquires, he won't elaborate any more than to repeat what's on the placard? :rolleyes

Maybe he thought you were an undercover spy for the evil Ministry of Agriculture and would seek to embroil him further in their wicked schemes?

(Of course, that's purely conjectural...;) But how could you not trust this face?!)

[Edit: Honest face removed.]

re:Minister

That's Joe Walsh (former minister of Agriculture) not Mary Coughlan (Minister of Agriculture).

Whoops!

Sorry. All them FF ministers look the same to me... ;)

Re: Whoops!

I for one would rather to read about that man's plight than to see yet another story about some C list celeb puking outside a nightclub or similar. Obviously I'm in a minority!

Min for Ag

He is from Cork and has a grievance about a post he applied for in An Foras Taluntais (AFT) which subsequently merged with ACOT to become TEAGASC.

This dispute happened back in the 1960s, I think, and he has been protesting ever since.

Re: Min for Ag

This dispute happened back in the 1960s, I think, and he has been protesting ever since

Poor fella must be knackere at this stage :)

Re: Min for Ag

This dispute happened back in the 1960s, I think, and he has been protesting ever since

If he has that sort of dedication and staying power then I think he has a very strong case for getting any job he wants.

-Rd

Back