Millionaire Raffle Draw query

Tebbit

I bought a millionaire raffle draw ticket in a shop last week, the guy serving had trouble with the machine and the ticket tore coming out but I thought it looked ok and he said that was what it looked like and that I only needed the number - anyway I bought another as a gift today and I realise the first one doesn't look as it should at all. I have as far as the number and price but no date, no barcode.- that part is gone!!! Basically it looks like a smaller square version of the ticket. Will this ticket be valid if it wins? It is also a present. Should I take it back to the shop and will I get a replacement if so desired? Basically what are my rights.? I don't have the receipt but I do have a proper Lotto draw ticket I bought there on the same day.

Hi Tebbit
If there is no bar-code on your ticket I do not think it is a valid ticket. I am surprised that the shopkeeper sold it to you in that way. I would go back to the same person and show it to him . I would think that you would be entitled to a new ticket free of charge as it was his machine that caused the problem.
Good luck.

Will they know by the number that the ticket came from their machine? And will they turn around and say I tore it? He was a young guy - polish. The other ticket I bought also has a tear on it but nothing to the same extent.

Well, I would say, call the Lotto in the morning and explain the situation to them. Better hurry as time being of the essence.

Back