Mill Road, Corbally, Limerick

plenty of schools and creches near by as well as the university and shopping centres. also only a 10-15 minute walk to town. nice houses and reasonably priced.

Only thing about rhebogue is there is a halting site there, i used to remember there was an element there when i was in college in UL.

and the parkway area has always been a bit dodgy...

Sully you are right. there is an element out there and it's not just on halting site. It's a lovely area but you would want to exercise caution.

Listen it is a great area..but..yes there is an element from nearby areas. I would be careful walking around the canal and in and out of town sometimes.

I've never noticed any element out there..( what's an element anyway) :) Always feel safe walking through there?

Loads of development around there from what I see with the new shopping centre and the new one being built and new Hotel.

an element of good people maybe. stopping selling your fear please. settled travellers have been living at the very back end of rhebogue for a very very long time and have got on with their neighbours quite well.

there isnt a neighborhood in limerick (and probably most of ireland) that isnt a stones throw from some "element". if all people were the same this would be a very very boring country. (thats called the suburbs and can be found in plenty all across the us of a.)

stopping selling your fear please

The way I would approach offering advice is simple, would I live there myself. Rhebogue, no but its not the worst area. Mill road, yes.

there isnt a neighborhood in limerick (and probably most of ireland) that isnt a stones throw from some "element".

Depends on how far you can throw stones but I understand your point. I don't particularly agree with it though as there are areas that are definitley more desirable than others.

if all people were the same this would be a very very boring country

True but would you not look to minimse the risk of social nuisance from being on your doorstep. Secure and boring would suit alot of people I would argue.

I wonder with this new Regeneration of Limerick will there be a so called "element" everywhere. Can anybody tell me if its just going to be in the Limerick suburbs or will it extend beyond that?

It already has extended, murroe, newport have some and prob areas like newcastlewest

It already has extended, murroe, newport have some and prob areas like newcastlewest

Oh man, now u are getting on my nerves. I have lived or do live in these areas...i also have many freinds living in these areas and i have not seen any kind of an element or heard any of them complain of any kind of element.

I think you have a house for sale in the mill road and are desperate to sell it or something. I have friends that live there and certainly wouldnt insult them by calling out the well known "problem areas" that are surrounding that lovely area.

Oh man, now u are getting on my nerves. I have lived or do live in these areas...i also have many freinds living in these areas and i have not seen any kind of an element or heard any of them complain of any kind of element.

I'm making an informed contribution to this thread, a question was asked and I answered. I don't have anything on the Mill road at this time, but using your logic that would mean that I never deal with properties in any of the other areas. the mill road was what the OP asked about, I actually put castletroy forward as an area to consider, so your claims are unjustified. I deal with both murroe and newport by the way but not Newcastlewest.

I think you have a house for sale in the mill road and are desperate to sell it or something. I have friends that live there and certainly wouldnt insult them by calling out the well known "problem areas" that are surrounding that lovely area.

Well then you are not contributing to this thread if you won't call out the 'problem areas'. This isn't a slagging match, it is a forum where people like to gather information so if you have nothing to add why bother writing a post at all?

I have to agree with MrMan totally. I have been asking for advice on where would be the best place, within my budget to live and bring up my two kids. While there are certain areas which I would believe are fine to live in if it was just me and husband this changes when I am looking into provinding the best possible future for my kids. I am not at all interested in a slagging match, just advice and I believe I have received just that from Mr.Man.

Fair enuff OP - back in my box so. I hope you are safe from the element wherever you move to.

Hi, just reading through the threads, in my opinion the Mill Rd would not be the best choice in the world! As regards Scoil Ide there are a lot of those "elements" going to school there!! Trust me on this one.. Rhebogue has setlled travellers but they have been there many years with no probs, it's the unsettled ones in Corbally that would concern me! I don't live in either place. Have friends living in Rhebogue Meadows,the old estate, it's a lovely area. Their kids go to Milford National School...an excellent school. It's in Castletroy. No "elements" there!!!! Anacotty would be a nicer area by far than the Mill Rd as regards kids, schools etc.

Jesso2,

Can I ask you what and how you know about the so-called 'elements' in Scoil Ide? Living in Westbury and have my kids names down for the school. Should I be worried or is it just rumours?

well, the estate is obviously not as good as it was in 2008, we moved here a few months ago and we have had problems with neighbourhood kids since then throwing balls, eggs, rocks at our window. Local shop say they have problems with them too. You may want to think about whether you want to buy here or not

Go with your instincts here. But im my opinion, the mill road is the better location over Rhebogue. If u can ger over the traffic in the mornings it is a very nice area. It is well laid out with plenty of space.

Rhebogue, nice as it is, has had a bit of trouble lately, but I guess where hasn't. I find it very open though, with a very busy road running thru it.

As for the school, my daughter attends (in her final year) and loves it. It is regarded as one of the best primary schools in limerick. Some people will have negative views, but I know a large no of parents who's children are attending and never had any issues.

Good luck and any other q's, just ask

Back