Michael Healy Rae..

They are both far too busy serving the people of Kerry.

Posters from Kerry; ye must be scarlet! :D

Not from the Kingdom (Thank God):D but before the suave urbanite jackeens get carried away with themselves, allow me to remind you of
  • Bertie Ahern
  • Ray Burke

healy rae should repay the money, obviously someone who really likes them organised the calls! also its not that they are short of a few bob.

I missed the MHR interview but Jimmy Deenihan was on afterwards and when asked for his opinion he said he thought something should be done to stop these phone-ins being manipulated.

He seems more concerned that Jedward might lose out in some phone-in than the waste of public money.

I heard the Jimmy Deenihan interview and he also side swiped the question. When asked his opinion on this he completely ignored the question and went on to talk about phone in manipulation..do they think we are as thick as they come across!

I have to also questions the level of journalism ,,,those ,and there were so many today, that allowed both Healy Rae and Deenihan to get away with answering a question they were not asked, really should be trained to be like a dog with a bone,to keep asking the question and if they continue to side swipe the answer the journalists should make sure that it is brought to the attention of the listeners while they have the interviewee present,that way they must acknowledge that they are refusing to answer!

Whats the bets some bright spark will come up with the idea that it was a fault on the line.oh NO..have I just given them a way out,watch that space!:eek:

Aside from the money issue, the amount of time it would take to make 3,636 calls is mind-boggling, regardless of whether one person or a team of people did it.

If I take an average time per call at 15 seconds, by the time you start dialling, listen to the recorded blurb and hang up, it would take over 15 hours to make 3,636 calls.

15 hours. By staff in Leinster House. Repeatedly ringing a premium-rate number to vote for MHR on some reality TV show.

<Bangs head on desk repeatedly.>

It would make you laugh or cry this kinda thing. I'm goin to laugh at it, and hope the sod who made the calls suffers from repetitive strain injury from the rest of his days. It throws a whole new meaning on givin the voter the finger doesnt it? :p

We know premium rate telephone calls are a money spinner. Let's have more, but this time organised by the Healy Raes and Jimmy Deenihans of the world and give the profit towards our faltered economy.

I can see the ad:- Who is the nicest guy?, A Michael Healy Rae;B Bertie Ahern; C Michael Lowry. Get dialling now . . .

We could be on to something here . . .

Scarlet? Not scarlet at all. Not even surprised. Public money is getting blown on silly things every day. This is a small splash in a very large pool of wastage. About time they started bringing anyone who has a hand in this wastage to task.

It should be pointed out, especially to the likes of Bono, Amnesty and other charity NGOs, that these phone calls count towards the charitable aid spending of Ireland.

33 PM
Mpsox
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=1179722#post1179722

Not from the Kingdom (Thank God):D but before the suave urbanite jackeens get carried away with themselves, allow me to remind you of
  • Bertie Ahern
  • Ray Burke

Tony Gregory

Tony Gregory

Never the biggest fan of Tony Gregory's politics but I had huge respect for him and to compare him to those two in Kerry is an insult to the man's memory. He did more work for some of the most deprived areas in Ireland and fought harder against the scourge of drugs than almost any other elected politician. Getting support for community schemes and employment to help the most vunerable in society in return for a vote is not the same as getting motorways built or getting put on committees for personal gain.

Never the biggest fan of Tony Gregory's politics but I had huge respect for him and to compare him to those two in Kerry is an insult to the man's memory. He did more work for some of the most deprived areas in Ireland and fought harder against the scourge of drugs than almost any other elected politician. Getting support for community schemes and employment to help the most vunerable in society in return for a vote is not the same as getting motorways built or getting put on committees for personal gain.

Well said - to equate Tony Gregory with those two sleveens is indeed an insult to his memory.

I presume the phone calls were made using some form of automated dialing machine and not by some lackey in Dail Eireann

Well said - to equate Tony Gregory with those two sleveens is indeed an insult to his memory.

Why is a TD who looks after the interests in a poor rural area a gombeen and a TD who does the same in Dublin a social champion?

On the Joe show yesterday the reporter who broke the story indicated that he knew a bit more about the story. As usual Joe didn't pick up on the hint that he was given by the reporter as to how the person might be identified as to who made the phone calls. Apparently they say that they cannot identify which phone was used to make the outgoing calls but the reported said that the receiver of the calls would have a record. Was it not RTE who received the calls?

Why is a TD who looks after the interests in a poor rural area a gombeen and a TD who does the same in Dublin a social champion?

Because rural Kerry is not poor. If you want to see poor and deprived, go back to inner city Dublin in the 1980's which not one politican gave a damn about until Tony Gregory came along. He also put the deal with Haughey back in the 1980's on the Dail record which is more than can be said about current politicians. I can't see see Jackie Healy Rae mobilising his community to fight drug pushers when even Guards were afraid to tackle the issue. I can't see Tony Gregory doing deals that involved him and his cronies getting positions on State Boards for his own benefit. That's the difference between the two.

Like I say, I didn't agree with his politics but I do respect him.

Back