Michael Healy Rae..

thedaras

http://www.independent.ie/national-...n-3636-dail-calls-to-win-tv-show-2807312.html

This paragraph in particular really bugs me;

Asked today if the money should be paid back, Mr Healy –Rae said today that he was not involved in making the calls and he didn’t know who was. “The calls came from Leinster House but nobody could say if they came from one phone, five phones or 25 phones,” he said.

Reason it bugs me so much is that he didn't answer the question..ie;should the money be paid back..
Regardless of whom made the calls,(which needs to be investigated,)he should say he condemns the action.
This is just the tip of the iceberg IMHO, I have said it before that phone bills,from all our public services, should be made public!

Did anyone hear him talking to Anton Savage this morning? Completely side-stepped answering a simple question , whether he thought it was ok that this had happened. He kept throwing in how the money went to charity/the didn't know who voted for him and that he hadn't had chance to speak to his father about it.

Absolutely gob-smacking.

I heard him on Newstalk and on Morning Ireland offering a masterclass in 'cute hoor' politics. Neither interviewer could tie him down to a direct answer to a direct question. With any luck, Sean O'Rourke will tear him a new one on News at One.

Why are 1530 numbers allowed from a place of work ?

I just cannot believe this. Surely, it’s obvious who did this, and his voters should let him know.

I, for one, just cannot believe this. Surely, it’s obvious who did this, and his voters should let him know.

In the history of the Healy-Raes, this is minor stuff and his voters didn't care before now so unlikely to do so now.

True, but usually the voter got the upside. Now they have got the bill. does anyone else find it embarrassing to have these muppets as elected officials.

True, but usually the voter got the upside. Now they have got the bill. does anyone else find it embarrassing to have these muppets as elected officials.

Only if you live in the Kerry South constituency ;) !

Only if you live in the Kerry South constituency ;) !
Ya I know, but surely, this is way over the line. This is into the comical, I just hope the international press dont pick this up.:eek:
Not even the kerry voters can ignore this one.

Not even the kerry voters can ignore this one.
They won't. They'll find it comical. Or at least the 15% or so who voted for him.

Such is a PR system. You just need to appeal to a big enough minority to get elected. The more everyone else says something bad about you the more a certain percentage of people will support you.

In fairness to the people of Kerry South, they didn't re elect John O'Donoghue.

And his parting remark says it all about Irish politics

"I hope that the irony will not be lost upon you that I stand here, on my evening of defeat, in a hall – this magnificent sports complex – which I helped to build"

I just cannot believe this. Surely, it’s obvious who did this, and his voters should let him know.

You're assuming a certain level of cop on and intelligence from the people who consider the Healy Raes suitable people to be in Government.

Lol :D

We don't allow any premium calls from work. I thought that was standard practice.

It should be but you actually have to bar the number/service. In a lot of companies (and I'm speaking as someone who found a staff member calling Aus), it's only when it happens do you remember to bar premium/international calls. At least someone spotted it so credit is due there

It is an interesting point that MHR raised though. Who actually made the calls, was it Daddy, Daddy's staff or was he going around Leinster House asking people to do this for him? It's not just the cost of the calls that annoy me, it's the fact that the chances are that the people who made the calls were also being paid by the state.

I do like the way how he never got the chance to speak to his dad to clear things up in between the 17 interviews he's done today.

I do like the way how he never got the chance to speak to his dad to clear things up in between the 17 interviews he's done today.

They are both far too busy serving the people of Kerry.

Posters from Kerry; ye must be scarlet! :D

I missed the MHR interview but Jimmy Deenihan was on afterwards and when asked for his opinion he said he thought something should be done to stop these phone-ins being manipulated.

He seems more concerned that Jedward might lose out in some phone-in than the waste of public money.

Back