Mfi kitchen clearance

mom04

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone used these kitchens, they are based in the UK and from what the wedsite says they sound too good to be true, solid carcasess etc. for very low cost, i have just rang them and am waiting for them to get back to me. will let you all know what they said. Anyone use them or heard anythin about them??

mom04

I wouldn't believe it...i had a lady tell me she paid 10k for a kitchen from them and last I heard she wasn't getting it! I can't be 100% sure what hgappened but this was just before Christmas.
I have seen their work and it is ok but would be very wary of it!

MFI used to be interpreted as:

Made

For

I***ts

And that was when they were trading. Given there finacial mess I would want to make sure that they (or their appointed receiver) can guarantee delivering a complete kitchen to suit your design requirements before handing over any money

I've just been the latest victim to purchase an MFI kitchen thro an ad' placed in the evening newspaper. After waiting over 1 month and making numerous calls to Doncaster in England, it finally arrived. I paid cash on delivery as demanded and boy am I sorry. It is a disaster. The kitchen is missing drawers, panels are cracked and one 600mm larder unit is missing. I've tried in vain to contact the company but it is proving to be a useless exercise. I've been left on hold, been given another phone number to ring which is engaged all the time. I've no alternative but to buy the missing and broken parts here in Dublin. If you want to hear what other clients of this company have to say about them google "Kitchens4less.com". I wish I did before purchasing, but I didn't know the real name of the company until last week as they used the name MFI.

Hi Tiara,

sorry to hear you are having trouble, will stay well clear of them, thanks for the tip off !!

m0m04

they are also known as rock solid kitchens so google them as well.i know some who ordered a kitchen from kitchens4less from an ad in some paper recently and they paid 10% upfront.they were waiting ages so rang them only be told the factory had burnt down and were waiting for more stock from china.then she was told they couldnt get the colour .eventually she decided to get the kitchen elsewhere and did get her deposit back.

seen this guy on the bbc a few years ago trades under many names just google vance miller he also places ads in the local papers saying you can get a solid wood kitchen with granite worktops for £1500 he also has trailers parked in fields next to motorways with the same ads stay well away!!

I've managed to contact the salesman who sold me the kitchen and he has promised to contact his boss and see what can be done. I don't expect miracles.

Everyone should stay well clear of u.k kitchen manufacturers advertising in irish papers.I deal with the trade and could recommend dozens of kitchen manufacturers who would be very competative and also reliable suppliers .I have heard dozens of these type of stories and in the end the customer ends up paying twice for the one job,FOR GODS SAKE PEOPLE IF IT LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT HAS TO BE TOO GOOD.

Back