Message on screen from ptsb

lighthouse123

Hi there, I'm trying to log into online bank and having to create a new password but the following message keeps being sent

"ERROR - We sent a security code to your mobile. It was unsuccessful as we cannot validate your sim card. Please call us on (their phone banking number)

What does it mean by sim card ? what has that got to do with logging on to online banking on a PC, (not a mobile app) .

If anyone could help me by explaining what it means or advise what to do? I can't log in online (I can over phonecall banking) but I just want to know what the message means. Thanking you all in advance for your help.

It just means it sent a text to your mobile . It’s a security measure is to prove that it is you that is changing the password .

Someone who is trying to gain access to your account by changing the password can’t unless they have access to your phone

They use multi factor authentication these days so you enter, say, your username, password, PIN and they often also send an additional security code by SMS to your phone. Did you never register your mobile phone with them or did you change it or your number at some point? They've been using this approach to security for a long time now.

If you have changed your SIM card it will be 24 hours before you can log in using 2fa. I discovered this when I changed my SIM card even though I wasn’t changing network.

They use multi factor authentication these days so you enter, say, your username, password, PIN and they often also send an additional security code by SMS to your phone. Did you never register your mobile phone with them or did you change it or your number at some point? They've been using this approach to security for a long time now.
They hv the mobile number but received no such text confirming the same... they hv used the mobile no before to confirm things but for some reason, its not showing. Oh I'll try contact centre again, here's to another afternoon wasted trying to get through.

Back