medical/g.p card application

bor

Hi,
I just applied online for a medical card and based on our income and outgoings it says we may be entitled to a gp card...but my childcare is 150 euro per week but it my mil who minds them and i do not get receipts..she is and old age pensioner and gets the state pension..is there an issue with her getting this payment from me..if i do not put in any receipts will my application be denied?

thanks

my child is minded by my own mum. i asked the person in HSE office bout that and he said that a usual letter from my mum will do. when i said, that i havent paid any taxes or anything, then he said he doesnt mind that and its not his business. thats how i got my card. to be sure u could ring their office and ask bout that.

sorry forgot to tell that i pay my mum some money, thats how i got the letter from her....

Thanks merille will do that so...anybody know if it will effect her pension?

Contributory or non contributory pension? If. It's the latter it won't affect her, technically she should have been declaring income to revenue even though it is exempt income.

If she is on means tested pension, it could affect her, unlikely to be found out, but possible.

Thank SarahMc..
it is a Contributory state pension..not means tested her husband is over 70 and is on state contributory pension also..would this mean that there would be a problem with it...

Thanks

Back