Mechanic to check over a used car?

The Oggster

Hi

I'm looking at picking up a 2nd hand car. I've been looking at the Ford Fiesta from '03 onwards (Only want to spend around €3k).

It'll be my first car and as such I don't have any car buying experience. I'll probably bring a friend with me when looking for a car.

Anyway, on to my original question. Can anyone recommend a decent mechanic to check over a car I'd be interested in buying. I found an old thread where people recommended Carcheck and a mechanic called Brendan. Does anyone know if they are still in business and if they're still on the same number (1850 909090)?

Hi

I'm looking at picking up a 2nd hand car. I've been looking at the Ford Fiesta from '03 onwards (Only want to spend around €3k).

It'll be my first car and as such I don't have any car buying experience. I'll probably bring a friend with me when looking for a car.

Anyway, on to my original question. Can anyone recommend a decent mechanic to check over a car I'd be interested in buying. I found an old thread where people recommended Carcheck and a mechanic called Brendan. Does anyone know if they are still in business and if they're still on the same number (1850 909090)?

Hi Ogggster,

I am in the same position now, looking for mechanic to check out a car for me. I rang that number 1850 909090 but gettting message from Eircom saying the number is no longer in service. Did you have any luck in finding someone reliable?

Back